Anyone tried the gear from CATCH Fishing? (new zealand)

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
LINwAd

Anyone tried the gear from CATCH Fishing? (new zealand)

Post by LINwAd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:12 pm

Hey all

Got my hands on a few of the micro jigs and the jig heads that can be used with soft plastics.
https://youtu.be/CcsXdl4w6cA

My question to the land based fisho's is... have you had any experience with the products mentioned in the video?

I normally just stick to what I know, but this stuff seems pretty cool (especially the jig heads with a stinger/ assist hook that rock on the bottom). I have been told that the micro jigs may be able to be used in a similar fashion to a soft plastic retrieve when you are land based too.

So has anyone used these with success or have any experience using a metal slug style like this land based for snapper/pinkies/flathead/bream etc?

I will be testing them out over the next few months to see how they go but its always good to see if someone already uses them with success. :water: :banana:
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Anyone tried the gear from CATCH Fishing? (new zealand)

Post by DougieK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:22 pm

I cast a lot of lures off rocks... and i mean a loootttt. I've never seen a 'micro jig' do something a similar sized metal slug like a raider won't do.

They absolutely work but are also 3-4 times the price of a similar weight metal.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:56 pm

DougieK wrote:I cast a lot of lures off rocks... and i mean a loootttt. I've never seen a 'micro jig' do something a similar sized metal slug like a raider won't do.

They absolutely work but are also 3-4 times the price of a similar weight metal.
Thanks for your input. Do you often run them bounching on and off the ground for the bottom dwelling species?

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:15 pm

not sure about the assist hook for bottom bouncing more chance of snag let us know how they go ? at the moment there is heaps of small pinkys there only hitting the tails of the soft plastics were as the snapper and flattys will smash your soft plastics with solid hookups

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm

dazz999 wrote:not sure about the assist hook for bottom bouncing more chance of snag let us know how they go ? at the moment there is heaps of small pinkys there only hitting the tails of the soft plastics were as the snapper and flattys will smash your soft plastics with solid hookups
Yeah I think it may get snagged more in places like brighton and sandy. But should be good at most other peirs... just need to watch the bottom I guess.

Where have you been getting the pinkies?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 pm

LINwAd wrote:
DougieK wrote:I cast a lot of lures off rocks... and i mean a loootttt. I've never seen a 'micro jig' do something a similar sized metal slug like a raider won't do.

Thanks for your input. Do you often run them bounching on and off the ground for the bottom dwelling species?
Nah, swell sharks won't take them. Need to use bait.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:38 pm

4liters wrote:
LINwAd wrote:

Nah, swell sharks won't take them. Need to use bait.

Was more thinking flatties

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”