Landbased Options for Kids and Families

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Owen3838438

Re: Landbased Options for Kids and Families

Post by Owen3838438 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:
ChrisD wrote:Give Don Lake in Healesville a try during the coming school holidays - good access and toilets.
When the better weather comes and the Yarra flow rate drops - your a good chance of a carp or two in most spots - access can be tricky at times and not a lot of public toilets unfortunately.
The Yarra through the city back up to Herring Island will produce Bream - there are public toilets along that stretch and good access......parking can be a pain though.

Good luck - hope the kids get a few
Did you fish around Herring Island around in Yarra river before or see someone fish there? What kinds of fish did you catch? :)
I go past there often and see people fishing there from time to time.
I have tried there in the past as well. Seen bream and carp caught.
There are many bridges nearby Herring Island. I think there are many breams around those piles and stumps of those bridges, right? :thumbsup:

Owen3838438

Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:
ChrisD wrote:Give Don Lake in Healesville a try during the coming school holidays - good access and toilets.
When the better weather comes and the Yarra flow rate drops - your a good chance of a carp or two in most spots - access can be tricky at times and not a lot of public toilets unfortunately.
The Yarra through the city back up to Herring Island will produce Bream - there are public toilets along that stretch and good access......parking can be a pain though.

Did you fish around Herring Island around in Yarra river before or see someone fish there? What kinds of fish did you catch? :)
There are many bridges nearby Herring Island. I think there are many breams around those piles and stumps of those bridges, right? :thumbsup:

Owen3838438

Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:

Owen3838438

Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:

There are many bridges nearby Herring Island. I think there are many breams around those piles and stumps of those bridges, right?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Owen3838438 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:

Yes and once while walking along there near the bridge I saw some long silver fish.

Owen3838438

Post by Owen3838438 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:

Yes and once while walking along there near the bridge I saw some long silver fish.
Sounds so good!What about murray cod?

mpharris66

Post by mpharris66 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Emerald Lake is right near me, it’s being partially drained atm. Not sure when it’ll be right again. Iv caught trout there on lures. You could try AuraVale lake just the other side of Cardinia Dam. It’s got toilets and big area for kids to muck about, parking hasn’t been a problem in the past. Good luck!

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Sun May 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Owen3838438 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:
Murray Cod are back up river - Warrendyte/Eltham back to Yarra Glen.

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:24 pm
Owen3838438 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Owen3838438 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: I go past there often and see people fishing there from time to time.
Murray Cod are back up river - Warrendyte/Eltham back to Yarra Glen.
are there still many cod in eltham? if so do lures or bait work best for the yarra? looking for my first cod but dont want a long drive :rofl:

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”