Davey's Bay, Sunday 28th

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
alexdefig

Davey's Bay, Sunday 28th

Post by alexdefig » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi y'all

Tried Davey's Bay through sunrise and got bugger all. Calm conditions, burleyed up good & proper, tried for squid, gars & pinkies but nothing. The only other guy around had been there since Saturday dusk and was fishless too ... Also, if your blue wooden putt-putt boat is moored 50m off the pier, sorry i landed a 2oz snapper bomb on the back and now there's a hook stuck on the side. But don't worry, i got the rest of the rig back. You can keep the hook :D

Drove past boat ramp in Frankston at 5am and it was completely full! Crazy. It's definately snapper season.

Fishing the piers around bayside suburbs seems like a lot of hard work for little result. These days you're lucky if you get a mullet or an undersized pinky. I might stick to the surf and Westernport.

Cheers, Alex

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Davey's Bay, Sunday 28th

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

stay there and leave PPB to us. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 pm

alexdefig wrote:Hi y'all

Tried Davey's Bay through sunrise and got bugger all. Calm conditions, burleyed up good & proper, tried for squid, gars & pinkies but nothing. The only other guy around had been there since Saturday dusk and was fishless too ... Also, if your blue wooden putt-putt boat is moored 50m off the pier, sorry i landed a 2oz snapper bomb on the back and now there's a hook stuck on the side. But don't worry, i got the rest of the rig back. You can keep the hook :D

Drove past boat ramp in Frankston at 5am and it was completely full! Crazy. It's definately snapper season.

Fishing the piers around bayside suburbs seems like a lot of hard work for little result. These days you're lucky if you get a mullet or an undersized pinky. I might stick to the surf and Westernport.

Cheers, Alex
The bay near the carpark where they walk the canine friends is well worth a shot, spoke to some scuba divers doing a night dive and they see plenty of fish.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Daveys bay is suppose to be good for squid.

Know of a couple of guys who caught some whiting there.

alexdefig

Post by alexdefig » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:21 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:Daveys bay is suppose to be good for squid.

Know of a couple of guys who caught some whiting there.
Fish-cador wrote:stay there and leave PPB to us. :-)
Hi again

Yep, I'd heard reports of good squid in the area thurs/fri & that's why i went. For the 3 hrs we were there, about 10 boats drifted in and were throwing jigs around but nothing. There just wasn't anything there. I grew up in Mt Eliza & spent my teenage years (1990s) fishing and snorkling the area and even then there wasn't a great deal of fish life compared to Western Port or the back beaches, but it seems to be even worse now. I noticed a lot of rubbish under the pier too, old tyres and bundles of fishing line. It's just crap that the area has become so shitty for land based anglers.

Also, that was the first time I'd gone fishing & not gone caught something in about 3 years. Damn you Davey's Bay! Damn you & your fishless waters!

Cheers, Alex :thumbsup:

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”