Where the bloody hell are the fish?!

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Bar002811

Re: Where the bloody hell are the fish?!

Post by Bar002811 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Kenle wrote:Mate the pinkies are going wild at newport chanel. The big chanel that runs under westgate, the rocks behind the warmies in the chanel side is sure fire atm with pilchard fillet and squid strips on small size 4 hooks on a paternoster rig being dynamite. I bagged out today and my mate baggsed out yesterday. Fish have been ranging between 29cm - 45cm and theres been big flatties and small trevalys to mix up your bag. Goodluck
That's great man are hey still round now and is that under the west gate bridge!! :a_goodjob:

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Nah they just disapeared again, as quick as they came in they left just as quick. Dam phantom pinkies haha now we gotta wait till march, april for thier anual run

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 am

Kenle wrote:Nah they just disapeared again, as quick as they came in they left just as quick. Dam phantom pinkies haha now we gotta wait till march, april for thier anual run
I might give Webb dock a try then they should still be around :thumbsup:

guwop1017

Post by guwop1017 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:25 am

Hey mate as far as squid goes ive had plenty of luck down at rye over the past few years (taken 10 home on multiple occasions). I fish just before the bend at the end in the corner on the right, using a paternoster rig with a tiny tear drop sinker and maybe 10 cm of line to the squid jig (all black squid jigs will catch more than anything else around there but make sure to spend a bit more money on a quality one).

Ive had plenty of other squid fisherman ask what im doing right and my advice is always to fish that corner and use an all black jig.

best of luck feel free to send me a message with any other questions regarding squidding.

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”