LAKES ENTRANCE LAND BASED

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
DIAMODEAN

LAKES ENTRANCE LAND BASED

Post by DIAMODEAN » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:27 am

Gday gents ! First time long time ! Heading to lakes entrance this afternoon till the end of the weekend and planning on having the rods in for the majority of the time. Not familiar with surf spot locations here as I've only really fished lake tyres wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to fish from off the rocks/beach ? Any help will do cheers :-D

Tonyzee

Re: LAKES ENTRANCE LAND BASED

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Eastern beach is good near the caravan park.

Also try meting shaving point jetty. Also a pier the has the floating restaurant on it.

Good luck, can be hard to find good fish, lots of crabs eat your bait. Try a float rig maybe.

Le t me know how you go

jasew3

Post by jasew3 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Gday Mate
Try ur luck down Lake Bunga (near the Lake Tyers turn off) carnt miss the rd..- use surf poppers and chunks of chicken -As u walk down the beach track u will see a smallish pond go past that on the left hand side and walk abt 30-50 mtrs u should catch salmon in the gutters there..Goodluck
Regards Jason

DIAMODEAN

Post by DIAMODEAN » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:33 pm

jasew3 wrote:Gday Mate
Try ur luck down Lake Bunga (near the Lake Tyers turn off) carnt miss the rd..- use surf poppers and chunks of chicken -As u walk down the beach track u will see a smallish pond go past that on the left hand side and walk abt 30-50 mtrs u should catch salmon in the gutters there..Goodluck
Regards Jason
Tonyzee wrote:Eastern beach is good near the caravan park.

Also try meting shaving point jetty. Also a pier the has the floating restaurant on it.

Good luck, can be hard to find good fish, lots of crabs eat your bait. Try a float rig maybe.

Le t me know how you go
Late reply but better late than never ! Tried both spots (eastern beach and lake Bunga) with no luck unfortunately. Ended up fishing about 5km east of the mouth of lake tyres, can't remember the name of the beach but got onto 4-5 good size salmon so was well worth it !

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Thanks for the response, to be honest I had more luck in Metung and Nungurner for flatties bream and whiting, than lakes itself, but it is always changing from year to year, at least you got something.

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:25 am

DIAMODEAN wrote:
jasew3 wrote:Gday Mate
Regards Jason
Tonyzee wrote:Eastern beach is good near the caravan park.

Le t me know how you go
Late reply but better late than never ! Tried both spots (eastern beach and lake Bunga) with no luck unfortunately. Ended up fishing about 5km east of the mouth of lake tyres, can't remember the name of the beach but got onto 4-5 good size salmon so was well worth it !
Pettmans Beach.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 am

Tonyzee wrote:Thanks for the response, to be honest I had more luck in Metung and Nungurner for flatties bream and whiting, than lakes itself, but it is always changing from year to year, at least you got something.
The area, in the lake, around Lakes Entrance has not had much for a few months. Best fishing is from Metung and further up the system. Lakes Tyers has fished well according to all reports. I have been fishing outside on the beach to the west of the Entrance , when weather permits. Been excellent fishing for flatties outside and a few gummies only 2-4 Nm west of the entrance. Well within tinny distance on a nice day.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Part Timer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Part Timer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm

BUMP!

Hi All

Only have a day in Lakes Entrance tomorrow and looking to Flick some soft plastics around chasing some Flathead. Unfortunately will be land based.

Anyone able to offer any quick advice on spots where this might be a worthwhile exercise?!

Also have some vibes, so could chase some Bream as well, but Flathead would be the preference...

Cheers
PT

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Part Timer wrote:BUMP!

Hi All

Only have a day in Lakes Entrance tomorrow and looking to Flick some soft plastics around chasing some Flathead. Unfortunately will be land based.

Anyone able to offer any quick advice on spots where this might be a worthwhile exercise?!

Also have some vibes, so could chase some Bream as well, but Flathead would be the preference...

Cheers
PT
I’d be looking at fishing lake tyres,metung or Paynesville over lakes for a flattie if I were you. I’ve always had good success in new lands arm in Paynesville. Just walk along the jetties and sand spits flicking plastics and you will surely pick a few up. If not shavings point in metung would be a good starting point. I don’t fish tyres but it’s flathead heaven just can’t help really where to head. If you flick vibes into the jetty’s off the bank you will get bream. They tend to spook once you set foot on the jetty. Good luck and hopefully you get a few.

Webby

Post by Webby » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 am

Mills point lake tyers is a good spot for land based

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”