Hazelwood Pondage

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
@ joe-blo

Re: Hazelwood Pondage

Post by @ joe-blo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 am

hi,first time poster. can anyone please tell me i have got a successful barra ballot for boat fishing, and dont have a boat licence a.t.m . my understanding was that if i got a place doesn't matter whos boat it is as long as you won and everyone has fishing licences and stick to regulations doesn't matter whos boat and whos driving .as long as i am master..to master a person who captains and in charge right... the conditions on th papers hard to define an answer!...???.anyone won the BBCallot and somone elses boat and driving.and you were master? pls help.. i was exited at first,
now nervous as not knowing yes ir no :o_0:

@ joe-blo

Post by @ joe-blo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:50 am

@ joe-blo wrote: gday all first time poster joe-blo, can anyone please tell me?, i have got a successful barra ballot for boat fishing, and dont have a boat licence a.t.m . my understanding was that if i got a place doesn't matter whos boat it is as long as you won and everyone has fishing licences and stick to regulations doesn't matter whos boat and whos driving .as long as i am master..to master a person who captains and in charge right... the conditions on th papers hard to define an answer because of the wording !...???.anyone won the balllot and gone fishing on somone elses boat and them driving.and you were master? pls help.. i was exited at first,
now nervous as not knowing boat yes or no :o_0:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 am

Only 1 person on the boat needs a permit. The permit is for the boat not the anglers

@ joe-blo

Post by @ joe-blo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:22 am

nude up thankyou...sorry mate still not sure??

.so does that mean with my permit i can tell my mate bring ur boat your down to hazelwoid bringbyour id's ljcences,your driving/trolling lol . but you gotta let me master the boat...like it says,
..permit description..

this permit authorizes the person named in the permit("the permit holder") and any other person under the supervision of the permit holder who is on the boat operated by the permit holder to undertake boat bassd fishing on hazelwood pondage for non commercial purposes using a single boat.

permit holders may bring friends on "their boat" as long as they comply with boating safety standards...

and, the permit holder must be the master of the boat at all times.

condition 9 if ..if the boat used under this permit is a registered vessel within thr meaning of the marine safety act 2010, the permit holder must hold a valid marine license issued under that act, have that license in possession at all times while on board the boat and produce the license immediately on request by an authorized officer

and i think i read in the f.a.q section
bring permit and boating licence. i called the department of economic development jobs,transport & resources and the guy didn't really know..should get back to me today just thaught somone who has been or knows someone ahould know.. ???

yogibearrrr

Post by yogibearrrr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:59 am

From the way I read it when i got mine, the permit holder has to be in control of the boat and he/she will be the person that cops it if doing the wrong thing. This means that person would need a license, I went out with a friend in his boat but have a license so I "borrowed" his boat for the day and he came along lol

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:25 pm

I honestly would hust go with your mate and not worry about anything. How do you think many others have been doing multiple trips.
One mate gets in the ballot. He rings another mate with a boat and they both go fishing. If they are feeling generous they invite another mate into the same boat.
I would just go mate don't worry about it

rixter

Post by rixter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Hmmm , I heard something about Barra being released into the Hazelwood pondage. As mentioned above , there has always been tonnes of 'red devil' tropical 'fishtank' fish in that pond / warm pond water released due to the water used to cool the powerplant there; as most of you know anyway...
I was/am interested to know if the Barra would survive in that pondage, as it does have close to the right temperature for Barra, but a very high salinity level and low oxygen levels .... ? . Oh , btw , there has been a Barra farm running in Garfield near Longwarry/Bunyip for the last few years now. You cant fish there though , they just supply to the restaurants and overseas etc etc. All bred in big pools . Probably where the Barra in Hazelwood came from too ? .
Cheers.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:25 pm

purple5ive wrote:I honestly would hust go with your mate and not worry about anything. How do you think many others have been doing multiple trips.
One mate gets in the ballot. He rings another mate with a boat and they both go fishing. If they are feeling generous they invite another mate into the same boat.
I would just go mate don't worry about it
yes thats the way to go.....that way you get to fish it a few times at least

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”