Salmon are off their head at frankston pier!

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
sal.fonzi

Re: Salmon are off their head at frankston pier!

Post by sal.fonzi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:58 am

Also look for a big guy named joe.. nicest guy ever to fish with and will help u as much as he can..

Was wondering.. why the yellow glove?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 am

I keep cutting myself with the line.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:17 pm

to catch the salmon you dont have to be on the piers. if people are catching them from the pier you can more than likely go down to the beaches away from the crowds of amateurs and still catch a nice bag of them without the tangles and hooks in your eyes and ears lol.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:to catch the salmon you dont have to be on the piers. if people are catching them from the pier you can more than likely go down to the beaches away from the crowds of amateurs and still catch a nice bag of them without the tangles and hooks in your eyes and ears lol.
Thats what i've been trying to do but as soon as i get there it's blowing onshore and I'd have no hope of casting.
Got a spot i might try tonight if the wind allows it.

Cheers.
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:to catch the salmon you dont have to be on the piers. if people are catching them from the pier you can more than likely go down to the beaches away from the crowds of amateurs and still catch a nice bag of them without the tangles and hooks in your eyes and ears lol.
maybe not in frankston pier. Too far to reach from the beach.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:59 pm

maybe not some of the piers but like when i went to mordi pier all the time i got sick of untangling lines so i started just fishing from the beach for the salmon. caught just as many from the beach as i did on the pier, and didnt have to fight the crowds to do it. i use to hate when i would get there early to get a good spot to fish and the next thing you know there are people crowded all around you stepping on your gear and casting over your lines. when i go to a pier to fish, i pick a spot and get set up. if i see other people catching fish further up or down the pier from me i dont pack up my stuff and move to where they are catching the fish. i it and wait till the fish come to me. put some burley in the water, to bring them to me or just wait. sometimes i catch them sometimes i dont. but im not going to go and crowd someone else that has been in a spot and cast over their lines because they are catching fish there and im not. thats why i bought the kayak lol. i got really sick of spending more time untangling lines than actually fishing. so if im not in the kayak then im fishing a beach somewhere where i wont bother other fishermen and they wont bother me. it makes for much less aggravation and a much more peaceful, and enjoyable fishing experience.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I Headed down tonight aswell, 8:00-10:30 pm, took my light spin rod instead of my 902 catana because i was using a 15gram metal, not the usual 40 gram and not casting out too far either, after everyone left the salmon were schooling right at the pier in HUUUGE Numbers, just weren't taking the lure, so i tried various retrieves with the metal lures and soft plastics with no luck, but i still have hope, will take some squid down there and see if they would rather bait on Wednesday.

Cheers!

sal.fonzi

Post by sal.fonzi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:01 am

I use a weighted bibbed lure.. much more realistic and I find a slow retrieve to be best on the salmon at frankston

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 am

sal.fonzi wrote:I use a weighted bibbed lure.. much more realistic and I find a slow retrieve to be best on the salmon at frankston

i was thinking of doing the same thing..
did you actually use a heavy HB or just add weights (not sure how to though) to the normal ones..

sal.fonzi

Post by sal.fonzi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 am

Not sure if they have any left but fishing fever had some weighted sinking bibbed lures.. the ones I use are "maria - duplex 80s" (28 grams) and "tackle house - bezel" (36 grams) I can post ebay links if u guys like. Not sure which tackle stores would have them in stock?

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”