large number of aussie salmon around

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: large number of aussie salmon around

Post by CarlG » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:
rafei1 wrote:It was nice to meet u today tomcat, good luck with ur snapper
good to meet you too mate. the snapper have been good the last couple of days. i have heard from friends that they have caught a few nice snapper off of a few of the local piers both day time and night. i did catch one snapper about 2 kilos and a couple of pinkies that were big enough to keep one being 29 cm the other was 30 cm. and i hooked a really nice salmon at about 53 cm. unfortunately i caught the salmon on one of my surf rods not on a lure with the new spin rod. i still have yet to catch anything on the spin rod. will have to fix that this weekend. might hit one of the back beaches if the weather is good and spin for salmon and try to chase a gummy.
Sunday has definate possibilities Tom...towards sunset with a 7.15ish high tide....gotta be worth a stab..

rafei1

Post by rafei1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Its great news for you tomcat, im going to be there soon, try for salmon and snapper, had some mullets from last time and will be using them as bait hope they are good enough. Might get pilchards too. If salmon are around it will be perfect fun on the spinning rod like tuesday.
Best so far: 47cm aus salmon, 41cm mullet, 40cm king George whiting , 38cm Bream, 35cm flathead, 33 cm pinky, squid 20cm. 2 sting rays caught caught, 1 took a rod as a souvenir. Need to catch snapper... :fish11:

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:46 pm

yeah sunday is looking great but unfortunately i have to work a 24 hour shift from sunday morning till monday morning. i might go give it a try monday after i get off work.

rafei1

Post by rafei1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:12 am

What do u do for a job if u dont mind me asking? Im looking for something myself now so when I finish uni im all setup, will help me get better gear for now. Did u end up fishing today? How did u go?
Best so far: 47cm aus salmon, 41cm mullet, 40cm king George whiting , 38cm Bream, 35cm flathead, 33 cm pinky, squid 20cm. 2 sting rays caught caught, 1 took a rod as a souvenir. Need to catch snapper... :fish11:

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”