Lack of perparation

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Lack of perparation

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Cleaned all the gear out of my boat and decided to go for a squid fish and guess what?

There was a school of salmon busting up just off of mornington. There was a mad scramble to find any lures that had been left in the boat. Found one, that got a couple of hookups, but they didn't stay connected.

Next time I'll leave the lures in the boat.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Lack of perparation

Post by smile0784 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Bad luck mate

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:45 pm

That happened to me once off Lorne pier. Was bait fishing and didnt have any soft plastic or lures with me, all left at home. Guess what??? The one time you dont bring it, BOOM!! the bloody school of salmons bust up in such thick numbers they turned the light green colour in the water to black and flashing. I panicked and in that desperate moment i decided to attatch a trebble hook to my house key on the key ring, boy did i have fun. Bagged out in 15 minutes releasing bout 10 before it bust off n had to sit n come up with an excuse to tell the misus. Worth it :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:59 pm

That kind of thing has happened to me too many times before so these days I always take metals/plastics with me every time.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Kenle wrote:That happened to me once off Lorne pier. Was bait fishing and didnt have any soft plastic or lures with me, all left at home. Guess what??? The one time you dont bring it, BOOM!! the bloody school of salmons bust up in such thick numbers they turned the light green colour in the water to black and flashing. I panicked and in that desperate moment i decided to attatch a trebble hook to my house key on the key ring, boy did i have fun. Bagged out in 15 minutes releasing bout 10 before it bust off n had to sit n come up with an excuse to tell the misus. Worth it :thumbsup:

Lol classic

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 pm

ALWAYS leave some metals and plastics with jigheads in the boat. Always.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:39 am

purple5ive wrote:ALWAYS leave some metals and plastics with jigheads in the boat. Always.
Spot on doesn’t have to be anything special pays to have it rigged up on a spare rod too

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 am

Kenle wrote:That happened to me once off Lorne pier. Was bait fishing and didnt have any soft plastic or lures with me, all left at home. Guess what??? The one time you dont bring it, BOOM!! the bloody school of salmons bust up in such thick numbers they turned the light green colour in the water to black and flashing. I panicked and in that desperate moment i decided to attatch a trebble hook to my house key on the key ring, boy did i have fun. Bagged out in 15 minutes releasing bout 10 before it bust off n had to sit n come up with an excuse to tell the misus. Worth it :thumbsup:
Hahaha that's gold

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 am

Hahaha that's gold

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:51 am

Keep a couple of plastic straws from maccas in the boat...make sensational trolling lures for sambos cut in small pieces :cheers:

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”