New Video - Salmon Trolling Port Phillip Bay

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Re: New Video - Salmon Trolling Port Phillip Bay

Post by Blueyed1 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 pm

:a_goodjob: Beno thanks for sharing. Great video. Keep the good work going. :a_goodjob:

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:58 pm

re-tyred wrote:I eat them all the time. But I wouldn't be eating those ones. If you want to eat them kill them as soon as they hit the deck. Then bleed and gut them. Then straight into iced sea water... Fillet and skin them when you get back. They are great just fried the same as any other fish fillet.. Higher in Omega3 than most white fish like snapper and flathead. Lower in heavy metals as they are short lived fast breeders.
When I catch them I run my fingers under the gill and snap the their heads back. They bleed out quickly and don't thrash around and bruise. When home or at cleaning table I just descale and fillet them. Keep the skin on.

Try this recipe and you'll really appreciate this fish.

Lightly fry them in a pan with some olive oil. Do about 10 or more fillets. Now lightly salt them and sprinkle cracked pepper on them. Place them in a plastic marinating container or a glass tray. Squeeze the juice from a few lemons and place in a mixing bowl. Add light olive oil. Whisk this up into an even mixture and then pour it over the fish. Put lid on or cover with cloth and leave it for a few hours to a day. Then eat it. You'll never look at Aussie Salmon the same way again. You can store this in the fridge for a few days or cryovac and freeze as portions. As an alternative you can substitute the lemon with balsamic vinegar.

Cheers and bon Appétit

Joe.

Beno

Post by Beno » Fri May 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Cheers for the comments guys glad you liked the vid! Still yet to try the salmon to eat.... will have to give Joe's recipe a shot!
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”