shallow inlet salmon

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
matty_rotten

Re: shallow inlet salmon

Post by matty_rotten » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Yeh iv got a 55lb water snake with a 120ah super charge deep cycle battery. I couldnt tell you how long it last because iv never run it flat. But it all does depend on the speed you run it at. It has a top speed of about 5kmh in clean water so most places its fine but it wont hold position at place with a strong tidal flow like shallow inlet. Down near the entrance i had it on full speed and i was still going backwards.
my hull is 280kg dry, my outboard is 100km then add gear and another person and its getting pretty heavy.

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Good catch mate!

Jeff67

Post by Jeff67 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:57 am

Mines 300kg dry hull. 105kg motor, 2 batteries fuel as standard, then what ever crap i take

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Nice salmons mate great see them around that spot :)

Gards

Fishing Shallow Inlet

Post by Gards » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:58 am

:water:
Have fished shallow all my life and have generally targeted a feed of KG's and like all other fisho's, 2hrs either side of the High tide seems best up in the shallow channels. I would say the run off is best particularly when the weed banks start to show.
The salmon have come out in good numbers in recent years and when you come across them it's definitely worth throwing some small pieces of pilchards out to keep them around. We were anchored across from the boat hole and kept a school around for about 40min of mayhem, great fun on light spin tackle.
Have notice a few Pinkies around the last couple of years.
And I wonder if there are any bigger ones about?
Would also like to catch a few gummies, have done so in the past but more by luck than anything else (the old man likes to have a larger rod out just in case).
Ideas please!

Gards

shallow inlet -Trevally Attack

Post by Gards » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Had a great session on the Trevally yesterday in shallow yesterday. Target fish were KG's and did manage 1/2 dozen good one's, between 32cm-44cm. But the Trevally stole the show with about 40 caught in a couple of hours. Took enough for a good feed and just enjoyed the challenge of landing the others. My old man did the right thing and kept the Banjo's on his side of the boat and tired himself out in the process. We even left when they were still biting. It was great to see them in such large numbers, we have caught them up to 48cm before but not in those numbers. Enjoy your next fishing session?

Gards

shallow inlet -Trevally Attack

Post by Gards » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:58 pm

:water:
Had a great session on the Trevally yesterday in shallow inlet. Target fish were KG's and did manage 1/2 dozen good one's, between 32cm-44cm. But the Trevally stole the show with about 40 caught in a couple of hours. Took enough for a good feed and just enjoyed the challenge of landing the others. My old man did the right thing and kept the Banjo's on his side of the boat and tired himself out in the process. We even left when they were still biting. It was great to see them in such large numbers, we have caught them up to 48cm before but not in those numbers. Enjoy your next fishing session?
Attachments
image.jpeg

matty_rotten

Post by matty_rotten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:02 am

Sounds like a great session mate! Where were you fishing? The entrance end or inland?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: shallow inlet -Trevally Attack

Post by Lightningx » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:44 am

Gards wrote::water:
Had a great session on the Trevally yesterday in shallow inlet. Target fish were KG's and did manage 1/2 dozen good one's, between 32cm-44cm. But the Trevally stole the show with about 40 caught in a couple of hours. Took enough for a good feed and just enjoyed the challenge of landing the others. My old man did the right thing and kept the Banjo's on his side of the boat and tired himself out in the process. We even left when they were still biting. It was great to see them in such large numbers, we have caught them up to 48cm before but not in those numbers. Enjoy your next fishing session?
Sounds like you had a great session mate. Nice ST :thumbsup:

Gards

Post by Gards » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:44 am

:water: Hey Matty - Inland end - up past Anakie caravan park in a shallow entrance to the main Chanel. On an outgoing tide and used some burley mix to keep them around. Well I think that was the reason they stayed around.

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”