Dead then Nuts

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Dead then Nuts

Post by raco09 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
chillicrab wrote:i was there on sunday morning.

the salmon were around and of course loads of people were there also, lined up shoulder to shoulder to rape the fish.

everyone was so focused on skull dragging the fish to the pier then getting their lure back in the water ASAP to rape the school of fish some more.

theres no time to enjoy the fishing, no time to dispatch the fish humanely. its all about who can drag more fish onto the pier.

after the frenzy, it was just pier full of bloody half dead fish flopping about

quite a disgusting sight.
You see chilli you tell me that you were there to fish and that you caught 4 and kept 1. Now going back to your original post does that mean that you were there as well to "rape" the fish as you put it. I assume you were also standing shoulder to shoulder with other people.
I don't understand why you would use the language you did but I'm sure you would know that salmon come and go therefore the fishing can get pretty frantic. If the pier was packed and everyone caught then I would assume it would be filled with fish.
Oh and by the way I like to snap their heads so I can bleed them which leads to a lot of blood all over the pier, humane, barbaric or disgusting?
:a_goodjob: :thumbsup:
Just wandering how the salmon situation is going at sorrento
Was hoping to go down and 'rape' some. :shock:
Nice choice of word..... smh
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
chillicrab wrote:im not here to argue with anyone. i just feel that people shouldve taken more care with handling the fish and showing some respect for nature.

based on my observations that day, it was quite clear everyone was so focused on dragging as many fish as they could out of the water and then feeling so good about themselves.
you cannot take it easy on a frenzy. Lines will get tangled. It was shoulder to shoulder last Sunday.

so frenzy means theres no time to carefully remove hooks from the fish, better to just rip it out by force, along with parts of the fish’s mouth.

no time to put the fish away, just throw it on the ground and let it flop around to die whenever.

fish flops over to someone else’s space but there’s just no time to stop fishing, just use your feet to kick the fish back over.

put a fish back in the water and you get funny looks from people like you’re the crazy one.

the adults were great role models to the kids who were present -they saw how it was done and did exactly the same thing.

the other people walking around and the tourists all saw how little respect we as anglers show for the sport, for nature, and for the animals.

this is the kind of image we want to show to the non angling public?

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Dude get over it. Seriously. :shock:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:51 pm

chillicrab wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
chillicrab wrote:im not here to argue with anyone. i just feel that people shouldve taken more care with handling the fish and showing some respect for nature.

based on my observations that day, it was quite clear everyone was so focused on dragging as many fish as they could out of the water and then feeling so good about themselves.
you cannot take it easy on a frenzy. Lines will get tangled. It was shoulder to shoulder last Sunday.

so frenzy means theres no time to carefully remove hooks from the fish, better to just rip it out by force, along with parts of the fish’s mouth.

no time to put the fish away, just throw it on the ground and let it flop around to die whenever.

fish flops over to someone else’s space but there’s just no time to stop fishing, just use your feet to kick the fish back over.

put a fish back in the water and you get funny looks from people like you’re the crazy one.

the adults were great role models to the kids who were present -they saw how it was done and did exactly the same thing.

the other people walking around and the tourists all saw how little respect we as anglers show for the sport, for nature, and for the animals.

you shouldn't be fishing near those who fish for a feed.

That is the reality of fishing. People travel far not to caress the fish. Fish beside me, tangle my line by taking your catch home ever carefully and gracefully and I will cut your line so I can get back to fishing quickly. Then after that, I will kiss you. :rofl: :rofl:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 pm

raco09 wrote:Dude get over it. Seriously. :shock:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dude....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm

SFP Chick wrote:
CarlG wrote:
GTSHoon wrote:Hi guys I'm looking at a jewel or a Catana which would you guys suggest?
Thanks
Cam
I use a jewel, but also have a catana..just like the look of the jewel a bit more is all...
We have one of each. Cam has the Jewel and I have the Catana. I reckon they are so close it's hard to tell the difference.

So maybe your just down to asthetics mate. What looks better, or something easy like that.

I can say you will be very happy with either.
Cheers Amanda
Thanks for the advice guys I will go to one of the shops and have a look to see which one i prefer I like the look of the jewel but ill see how they feel with my reel on it
Cheers
Cam :thumbsup:
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
chillicrab wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

That is the reality of fishing. People travel far not to caress the fish. Fish beside me, tangle my line by taking your catch home ever carefully and gracefully and I will cut your line so I can get back to fishing quickly. Then after that, I will kiss you. :rofl: :rofl:

the standards of anglers has really gone to **** over the years
Last edited by chillicrab on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 pm

chillicrab wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
chillicrab wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

the standards of anglers has really gone to shizen!!
Mate you can have an opinion
Last edited by GTSHoon on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:14 pm

well done great catch the other night from 2 till 3 am all you could see was salmon at lagoon and just me and my mate got 20 most bait but it cool to see so many swiming like that no else in sight bit of a shame that
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 pm

chillicrab wrote:

the standards of anglers has really gone to shizen! over the years
ohhh.. Don't cry. :tease:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”