Introduction. Noobie looking to catch.

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Introduction. Noobie looking to catch.

Post by Mattblack » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 am

Hey Gozzy, I found PPB really hard work this season so I've been fishing WPB instead. Fingers crossed for a good PPB snapper season next spring!

Jayden123456

Post by Jayden123456 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Just was a at queenscliff harbour for a couple hours landed 1 squid lost another and seen a whole heap near the surface of the water

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:47 pm

cool hopefully next time you dont lose any and catch more

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Jayden123456 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 pm
Just was a at queenscliff harbour for a couple hours landed 1 squid lost another and seen a whole heap near the surface of the water
Try the pier too next time, there's good squid ground there to the right and sometimes a school of big salmons swim pass. Cast a plastic or metal at the end of the pier. This is about the right time of the year for them to come and play.

Good silver trevally in the harbour's channel too sometimes, use berkley worm pumpkin seed with 1/8 jig head. Some salmons there too.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 pm

My missus hooked and landed a big Trev last time we were there. Was a very proud moment watching her play the fish and land it herself :)

Gozzy63
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Gozzy63 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Funny you should mention that. Weve been thinking of sussing WPB as well. Some big whiting there!

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:37 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:41 pm
I would suggest you get yourself some squid jigs and try for some squid for now. They are easy to catch and are everywhere in the bay now. Once your a bit more confident catching them then give the others a go. It will if not anything at least give you some confidence for future boating and fishing.
X2

Some great advice there from P5, especially at this time of year when squid are your best chance. I'd strongly suggest not to wear good clothes though, as you will get inked. Not a matter of maybe, if you're a noob, it will happen. Lol. You'll both be in fits of laughter though, especially if one of them gets you in the face. It's funny stuff. Squiding is heaps of fun. Keep the heads for bait, and have a feed out of the tubes. You'll then have a good supply of baits in the freezer ready for snapper season, of which will be in full swing in another 2 months or so.

Return to “Introductions”