New to Geelong area

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
mitchmcm

New to Geelong area

Post by mitchmcm » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:20 am

Hi everyone,

I'm newish to Geelong area but have fished around here a fair bit. I have come from warrnambool and fished alot down there and though to Portland. I fish out of a hobie mainly because I don't have access to a boat. But it has served me well so far. I really want to chase kingfish and have seen that recent reports of kings off Barwons heads but I'm not sure they are in kayakable distance of land.
I also want to try find gummies and a decent snapper as well. And a metre mulloway. A bit list of goals really. I also do alot of freshwater stuff. Mainly estuary perch, Murray cod and golden perch. If anyone is around and keen for a fish. Let me know.

Cheers,

Mitch

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: New to Geelong area

Post by Kenle » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Welcome Mitch, what type of hobie do you have? I got a PA14 and it's like a battleship, havnt took it out in ages since the bearing hubs on my trailer freezed up. As soon as I get them replaced I'll definately do some fishing adventure with the hobie again. :cheers:

KayakFisher

Post by KayakFisher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:50 am

Hey mate I'm pretty new to kayak fishing but I've got a Malibu 4 metre, I fish mostly around Altona and Werribee but I want to head Geelong way for a fish soon if you were interested and the weather suited

Cheers mate

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:21 am

mitchmcm wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm newish to Geelong area but have fished around here a fair bit. I have come from warrnambool and fished alot down there and though to Portland. I fish out of a hobie mainly because I don't have access to a boat. But it has served me well so far. I really want to chase kingfish and have seen that recent reports of kings off Barwons heads but I'm not sure they are in kayakable distance of land.
I also want to try find gummies and a decent snapper as well. And a metre mulloway. A bit list of goals really. I also do alot of freshwater stuff. Mainly estuary perch, Murray cod and golden perch. If anyone is around and keen for a fish. Let me know.

Cheers,

Mitch
Would be worth checking out the vyak forum - www.vyak.net

Some of the guys are more frequently kayaking the Barwon heads area in these warmer months for the species you are chasing. Sign up and check out the fishing trips and trip reports
:thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”