First time, long time

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
mattt

Re: First time, long time

Post by mattt » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks for the advice guys!
I’m hoping to head out Monday morning as the weather looks to be pretty nice and barely any wind.
I got a few squid jigs for Xmas so I might give them a whirl!
Do you’s find any certain colours work better than others or does it just depend on what they feel like targeting on any given day?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm

mattt wrote:Thanks for the advice guys!
I’m hoping to head out Monday morning as the weather looks to be pretty nice and barely any wind.
Do you’s find any certain colours work better than others or does it just depend on what they feel like targeting on any given day?
The white sephia in the 3.0 size has been doing some serious damage for both me and the missus on all our recent trips :thumbsup:

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:17 pm

At the moment colours won’t matter too much as they’re aggressive, but switch up colours if you don’t manage them on a few drifts.
Also, if you do get into the squidding and decide you like it. You don’t need to spent $15,$20 on yamas and sephias etc.. look at Rui Jigs on Facebook/insta/eBay. He has an eBay store or you can arrange time to go pick up from him. Great jigs.

Tested his Portsea Red Rui Jig on weekend and it smashed them, caught more squid and bigger ones than others on the boat using Kmart jigs. And only $10. Won’t be buying other brands for awhile.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:36 pm

shimano 14t 3.0 when searching a new place i like throwing a full glow pink or orange yamashita if there around these jigs get there attention

Return to “Introductions”