Advice needed

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
armada

Advice needed

Post by armada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello there,

I am visiting Melbourne from Singapore with my family of 10 this mid December and would appreciate some advice on where to fish, equipment hire and baits, etc.

As I have young and old with me, I need a conducive place where some could fish while others have a cuppa.
Two places came to mind after some research, Frankston Pier and Mornington Pier.

Or where would be your top pick this summer? the type of baits/lure to use?
Any tackle shops you would recommend on equipment hire?

Many thanks,
JP

:water:

blakesirus

Re: Advice needed

Post by blakesirus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi JP,

Not sure on equipment hire and truthfully haven`t fished any of those piers... no doubt others will have tho and will be v knowledgeable! if you`d only be fishing once or twice and wanted a catch there are fishing charter boats that leave from Rye Pier and other locations too. Can personally recommend timeout fishing charters, who`ll provide you with rods, reels, bait and all fishing gear needed also drinks and small snacks. Most others will too.

Best of luck,
Cheers
Blake

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 pm

If you're looking for fishing & coffee then Mornington Pier is the go as long as it's not super crowded. There's a kiosk/Restaurant there called Schnappers I think which has some nice light meals & the coffees ok. On top of the hill about 300m up the road there's a nice park with gym stuff for kids to play on.
You can fish the inside of the pier for Squid or Whiting & maybe Flatties & more
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 am

Mornington Pier or frankston Pier, both have toilets and cafe nearby. both also have Hire boats nearby if you think thats more suitable for your style of fishing.

as for rigs, a paternoster or running sinker rig will get you on the ball, both piers will produce australian salmon and snapper or pinkies at the right times. mornignton also has the added benefit of squid.

Both also have parks nearby for kids.
Mornington again has the added benefit of shopping down the main street if the women get a bit bored.

cheers

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:12 am

purple5ive wrote:Mornington Pier or frankston Pier, both have toilets and cafe nearby. both also have Hire boats nearby if you think thats more suitable for your style of fishing.

as for rigs, a paternoster or running sinker rig will get you on the ball, both piers will produce australian salmon and snapper or pinkies at the right times. mornignton also has the added benefit of squid.

Both also have parks nearby for kids.
Mornington again has the added benefit of shopping down the main street if the women get a bit bored.

cheers
X2

Return to “Introductions”