Introducing myself

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
fishing_minnow

Introducing myself

Post by fishing_minnow » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi all,

I am a high school student that is extremely passionate about fishing since I was around 7 years old! It has been quite challenging for me as both of my parents dislike fishing and can only sometimes take me out. However, this will not stop me from pursuing my passion and I will still keep learning and progressing with the help of experienced fisherman. That is why I came to this forum. I live in Bentleigh East and the most common place I go is Karkarook Lake in Moorabbin. I usually go there every week and I hope to see some of you there. I am Japanese and I have moved to Australia when I was 6. I am determined to become a marine biologist as I am very interested in marine life and other aquatic creatures. I hope to learn heaps in this forum and one day become the person who is giving fishing advise to others without the knowledge. Thanks to everyone who took their time in reading my introduction and I wish you the best.

Many thanks,

fishing_minnow

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: Introducing myself

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 pm

The little dudes got unparalleled passion for fishing.
Ran into his mum and him when I was getting the Toyota serviced and he was sitting next to me and doing math homework and watching rapala videos.
Got him onto some APL stockies later that week.

Hey FM! Welcome to the forum!
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Welcome Minnow. plenty of people here to help you out mate. good to see you have an idea of where you want to be when you grow up.
And props to you Smokin reels for already giving him a headstart.

i generally fish the saltwater, so if your ever down mornington way and im free, ill gladly show you around.

and id be getting in touch with guys like broomstick and GTS hoon on here as i believe they are both in the Field you intend to get into
cheers

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi and welcome pity about your parents not liking fishing don’t give up on your passion tight lines

Paulanderson
Has liked: 58 times

Post by Paulanderson » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Welcome to the forum - my parents also were not the slightest bit interested in fishing (they liked eating what I caught though) but that never stopped me so do your own thing and enjoy!

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:15 am

Side note: FM’s Mum is pretty sweet and she may not know much about fishing , but she waits patiently in the car park for the kid to finish fishing , reading a book and just chilling.
Hands off parenting #goals.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 am

Welcome fishingminnow. Good luck in pursuit of fish.

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 am

Welcome FM , if there is anything that you would like to learn from me in regards to surf fishing I would be more than happy to assist.
You don't have to worry about equipment as I have a few spare outfits and happy to bring one down for you to try.

As you rely on your mum for transport happy to meet you at Brighton pier where there is a good cafe for her to relax and have a coffee whilst you fish.

Regards

Jeremy

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 am

:welcome: to site fishing minnow
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Introductions”