Newbie (to australia also)

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Shaineb89

Newbie (to australia also)

Post by Shaineb89 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi everyone

I'm new to Australia 3 weeks ago. Over from the uk working for 12 months and want to get to the local fishing spots in my spare time, got license an basic kit set up just after some advice on good locations. Only ever done uk course n a bit of sea fishing.

I'm staying in tecoma and have transport so don't mind a drive for good locations etc also would like a couple boat trips off the coast so any recommendations greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Shaine

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Newbie (to australia also)

Post by davek » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:52 pm

G'day and welcome to the forum Shaine, I'm sure some of the guys around there will help you out, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi and welcome you are the second Pom this week joining the forum.I emigrated in 82 and I had to go to the map to find tecoma I live in the west and Fish 99% saltwater. There will be guys on the forum who live over that way who will be able to help you. Tight lines

Shaineb89

Post by Shaineb89 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks guys get every weekend off without fail so wanna make the most of it :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum mate :water:
Just in time for snapper season :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Welcome to the land of Oz and to this site.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Shaineb89 wrote:Hi everyone

I'm new to Australia 3 weeks ago. Over from the uk working for 12 months and want to get to the local fishing spots in my spare time, got license an basic kit set up just after some advice on good locations. Only ever done uk course n a bit of sea fishing.

I'm staying in tecoma and have transport so don't mind a drive for good locations etc also would like a couple boat trips off the coast so any recommendations greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Shaine
Obtain a copy of the Landbased Guide for Port Phillip and Corio bays, there is also one for western port.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1532

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=1556

Also it is best to not try to target too many different species at the same time.

Shaineb89

Post by Shaineb89 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:

Thanks guys

Shaine
Obtain a copy of the Landbased Guide for Port Phillip and Corio bays, there is also one for western port.

Also it is best to not try to target too many different species at the same time.

Got one of each from complete angler cheers real good books lots of info and help :thumbsup:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Shaineb89 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

Thanks guys

Shaine

Got one of each from complete angler cheers real good books lots of info and help :thumbsup:
I wish I had written them,

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:46 pm

All the little creeks in your area hold trout. Even the super skinny stuff. Plenty of lakes in the area to use your uk fishing experience on too.

Return to “Introductions”