Intro

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Nathan_867

Intro

Post by Nathan_867 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:12 pm

hello my name is nathan age 27 from the bass coast area. Very keen fisherman. Have always bait fished but now about to try lure's and soft plastics to hopefully catch some fish. I normally fish tarwin river, inverloch beach/screw creek,powlett river and corinella. Always looking for new places. Look forward to learning some new stuff on here.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Intro

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi mate and :welcome2: to the forum.
Lures and SP's are an awesome way to fish :thumbsup:

Nathan_867

Post by Nathan_867 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks yeah ive been watching timmy turtle on YouTube and has made me want to master them

Kosta7

Post by Kosta7 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:08 am

Nathan_867 wrote:hello my name is nathan age 27 from the bass coast area. Very keen fisherman. Have always bait fished but now about to try lure's and soft plastics to hopefully catch some fish. I normally fish tarwin river, inverloch beach/screw creek,powlett river and corinella. Always looking for new places. Look forward to learning some new stuff on here.
Welcome mate! I have been fishing the same area but I am too lazy to use plastics. Carry them all the time with me but somehow I end up setting a bait and just sit and wait. Anderson's inlet is a great place for plastics especially as the flatheads and KGW are slowly coming back. Screw Creek and Maher's landing are great spots if you just use plastics that imitate local baitfish/crustration. Work the sand patches between weeds beds and slowly retrieve and repeat process.

Spending today and tomorrow at the Inlet. Weather is looking promising :thumbsup:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:26 am

G'day Nathan, great part of Victoria
I love fishing the Tarwin river at Tarwin Lower
Set rods up with bait & sit on the pubs veranda with a cold beer.
Doesn't get any better.

Cheers Gra

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:07 pm

G'day and welcome to the forum Nathan, good luck with your fishing, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Nathan_867

Post by Nathan_867 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Kosta7 wrote:
Nathan_867 wrote:hello my name is nathan age 27 from the bass coast area. Very keen fisherman. Have always bait fished but now about to try lure's and soft plastics to hopefully catch some fish. I normally fish tarwin river, inverloch beach/screw creek,powlett river and corinella. Always looking for new places. Look forward to learning some new stuff on here.
Welcome mate! I have been fishing the same area but I am too lazy to use plastics. Carry them all the time with me but somehow I end up setting a bait and just sit and wait. Anderson's inlet is a great place for plastics especially as the flatheads and KGW are slowly coming back. Screw Creek and Maher's landing are great spots if you just use plastics that imitate local baitfish/crustration. Work the sand patches between weeds beds and slowly retrieve and repeat process.

Spending today and tomorrow at the Inlet. Weather is looking promising :thumbsup:
Yeah i will defently be trying screw creek with the plastics for sure. And yeah i prefer to set baits and wait but also now keen to master some lures. Maher's landing is very shallow tho isnt it?

Nathan_867

Post by Nathan_867 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 pm

And yes tarwin river is a great spot. The platforms are handy. I have done well with mullet and salmon out of tarwin river but yet to get a perch or bream there.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Welcome Nathan some great fishing to be had in those areas don't forget live mullet at night either you never know what's patrolling those creek entrances.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi and welcome great part of the country there I am lucky to have two mates with houses on the island so I have done a fair bit of fishing in wp and bass straight. Looking fwd to the reports tight lines

Return to “Introductions”