newbie.....

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Froggie

Re: newbie.....

Post by Froggie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:I googled altona fishing and i was handed those coordinates. :-p

Ffs search the forum. I posted a lot of coordinates in the past.
Lol be careful champ have had a warning for less.
Lol I will.

Froggie

Post by Froggie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:32 pm

azkay wrote:Winter month's in PPB can be tough. In my opinion save yourself for the season. There's always the really popular places that you hear of like Fawkner Beacon, P1, etc.. - obviously depending on your capabilities/experience & how far your willing to travel..

However, when i first started targeting them off the boat i just did some general research on what the fish like, things such as what depth's they sit during which months, look for structure, fish peak times, fresh variety of baits, make sure the rods, reels and terminal tackle is up to scratch & most importantly i found, put in the hours!

This helped me a lot more then GPS Marks to begin with, they're not the end all be all. People will be glad to give you a general idea on where to fish but you wont find many fisho's part with Quality GPS Marks. Any marks that are usually readily found and available online are over fished anyway.. Therefore its probably best if you start collecting your own marks..

Good Luck..
Thanks for your advice azkay. I will try to mark my GPS, went to P2 as well but no luck,maybe one day that day will come soon , cheers

Froggie

Post by Froggie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Mattblack wrote:
greggo wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:-37.8763758,144.7863381
I get Stirling Reserve in Altona with those coordinates...anyone else?
Not sure why he's trying to lead you to a public toilet.... go for Flatties on the drift & start gearing up for snapper season (I've already started counting down!)
yeh cant wait for the snapper season

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Fish inclose around pt gellibrand n the reefs for pinkies...like 5meters ,dawn dusk best times

Froggie

Post by Froggie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

bowl wrote:Fish inclose around pt gellibrand n the reefs for pinkies...like 5meters ,dawn dusk best times
Thanks, will try there.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Froggie wrote:
bowl wrote:Fish inclose around pt gellibrand n the reefs for pinkies...like 5meters ,dawn dusk best times
Thanks, will try there.
Be trying there tomorrow,so hopefully have something post tomorrow night get

Return to “Introductions”