Gidday one and all !

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Graeme

Gidday one and all !

Post by Graeme » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Hi everyone ,
Been lurking around on the forum for a few years now so i figured i'm overdue to do an into , my name is Graeme , which is probably fairly obvious , 51 yrs old married 3 kids , and a mad keen fisherman.
Have been since i can remember , i cut my teeth fishing the Lakes Entrance area as a young kid ,our family holidays basically consisted of just me and my dad fishing pretty much everyday , looking back now my mum and sister must have been bored senseless considering they had no interest in fishing lol , but anyway , back in the early to mid 1970,s the fishing down there was red hot just a fantastic introduction for a young kid into fishing.

The post office jetty in the evening would be lined with people fishing , which by the way would drive me mental if i tried it these days , but you just had to drop over the side and it was fish on , then during the day it was Shaving point in Metung where the results were also nearly a fish a cast and if all else failed there was the Tambo , Mitchell , Nicholson ,Lake Tyres etc etc....anyway the fishing was bloody good , but like all good things they come to an end and the prolific fishing of those days are now just great memories , but i was hooked from a young age and my love of fishing remains.

So these days it's a mix of boat and land based fishing , generally favoring Western port , i can not stand fishing jetties these days if there crowded so i generally hit up a quiet beach somewhere along the Eastern side of W.P anywhere from Lang Lang to Inverloch during the warmer months then head inland around the Noojee or Yarra Valley area when the cooler weather comes in.

So anyway i won't keep waffling on and bore you all stupid , i got some rods to rig up , i'll be up bright and early hitting the beach tomorrow morning the wind, tide and sunrise is looking good , and to all those involved in running this forum keep up the good work you're doing a bloody good job !

Cheers Graeme

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Gidday one and all !

Post by davek » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 am

G'day and welcome to the forum Graeme, enjoy your fishing, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:39 am

:welcome: to the site Graeme
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:09 pm

:welcome: aboard mate :banana:

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:34 pm

:welcome2:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:42 pm

welcome Graeme yep metung used to be a awesome spot great bream

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Welcome man hope you enjoy it!!!

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:25 pm

:welcome: Graeme

Yeah agree with your comments Graeme, the fishing in the 70's & mid 80's was great, i also have many memories of catching big Bream at the mouth of the Tambo, Mitchell rivers & at Lakes Entrance fishing on Bullock Island of a evening catching Bream, Mullet, Tailor, Luderick, Silver Trevally all at the same spot.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi and welcome I love the lakes area dropped in friday on the way home. Tight lines

Return to “Introductions”