Hello!!!

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Hello!!!

Post by purple5ive » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Welcome to the site.
Looks.like i have some competition . Maybe i should call myself Mr Daiwa :rofl:

Ps. Make that 3 of us yepimon.
I donutted today in wpb looking for whitin at middle spit. But in my defence it was a shocker of a day to be out there.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:42 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Howdi Ms! Plenty of whiting in WP.... but like you I am trying to find them! Good luck to us both!
Bahaha hopefully I get one some soon and I'll share my secret location with you!
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:44 pm

nmgar wrote::welcome2: MsShimano, I agree about the hook size, 1/0 for a circle hook or size 6 long shank.

You might also try an extended paternoster (sinker above hook), this ensures your bait is on the bottom where KGW feed.

The charter boats in WP seem to use this rig as their standard.
I'm getting a bit confused. When I bought my rod today at tackleworld they rigged it up for me using a 2/0 circle. They said that I should also try deeper waters (16m) for the big fat KGW. They tied the leader with a surgeons knot. I'll pick up some 1/0 tomorrow
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:47 pm

purple5ive wrote:Welcome to the site.

I donutted today in wpb looking for whitin at middle spit. But in my defence it was a shocker of a day to be out there.
Hahahaha I'm sure that name is not taken :p that's why I didn't go out today: still not 100 % confident on rough waters and I'm still practising my launch and retrieval. It makes it extra hard when you got idiots trying to speed me along because I haven't launched in 2.5 seconds

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:50 pm

purple5ive wrote:Welcome to the site.

Haha it's always a shocker of a day if there are no fish around!

I've tried middle spit a couple of times over the last month... have caught two whiting for about 20 changes of position!! I am thinking up around quail bank next time!

Maybe we need to team up for a better chance at it!

yepi'mon

Post by yepi'mon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:50 pm

MsShimano wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:Howdi Ms! Plenty of whiting in WP.... but like you I am trying to find them! Good luck to us both!
Bahaha hopefully I get one some soon and I'll share my secret location with you!
Much appreciated.. just make sure you leave a few there for me!

yepi'mon

Post by yepi'mon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:52 pm

MsShimano wrote:
nmgar wrote::welcome2: MsShimano, I agree about the hook size, 1/0 for a circle hook or size 6 long shank.

You might also try an extended paternoster (sinker above hook), this ensures your bait is on the bottom where KGW feed.

The charter boats in WP seem to use this rig as their standard.
I'm getting a bit confused. When I bought my rod today at tackleworld they rigged it up for me using a 2/0 circle. They said that I should also try deeper waters (16m) for the big fat KGW. They tied the leader with a surgeons knot. I'll pick up some 1/0 tomorrow
From what I have read and seen most of the large / fatter KGW are further down south of Westernport, out past the Island etc.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:53 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
MsShimano wrote:
Much appreciated.. just make sure you leave a few there for me!
No promises haha! I tried quail bank and around yaringa and Irish jacks channel.. all :down:

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Welcome to the forum MsShimano got no doubt you'll figure out the whiting situation :welcome: . As for the impatient clowns at boat ramps there just an unfortunate by product of boat ramps :down:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Welcome to the forum MsShimano got no doubt you'll figure out the whiting situation :welcome: . As for the impatient clowns at boat ramps there just an unfortunate by product of boat ramps :down:
Thanks!!! Oh I took a few abusive words but that didn't last long. I pay no attention and take my time.

Return to “Introductions”