Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria Rep

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
GTSHoon

Re: Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria Rep

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:15 pm

jb2020 wrote:So someone called GTSHoon is worried about '"dirty" energy production'.....despite co2 being a colourless, odorless gas..... but burning fuel and rubber for kicks is ok though? the hypocrisy of the climate hysterics knows no bounds.

Do you have even the slightest idea of how that sham marine park process was conducted? and you have the hide to talk about 'real science' and emotional reactions.

To quote the great Geoff Wilson:

"the marine park initiatives were based on ideology, imperfect perceptions, downright lies and transparently obvious anti-fishing agenda"

"No benchmarks were ever set for monitoring, neither has there been any monitoring carried out in the past decade during which these so called marine parks have been in existence"

"In fact government agencies DSE & Parks Victoria, who were entrusted with more than $37 million over a period of 7 years for the monitoring of our so called marine parks, fraudulently and criminally misappropriated some $34 million for which they are unable to account"

Stick to greens mate, you're on a real winner there...
GTSHoon wrote:Glad to see youve got one politician trait down pat, talking a lot but not saying much

But can you provide a single piece of scientific literature that suggests that marine or national parks aren't a worthwhile option?
Also how can you be a "party" without a stand point on any of the issues raised in the post you quoted above? Surely you have a view on immigration, unemployment and the shutting down of "dirty" energy production at the very least?

Seems like the ideals of your party are based entirely on emotional reaction with little to no real science or facts to back it up at this point mate!

Okay I'm going to keep this short because I cbf dealing with this **** over and over and over again
first off my username isn't a real reflection of my activity, I'm 19 I came up with that when I was 14 so nice jump to conclusion to start with.

2. "Climate hysterics" is that the new name for someone who has a decent grasp on reality, might chuck that one in my signature......

3. So you're combating my lack of science with a quote from a guy with a vested interest in keeping fisheries open? Doesn't seem like a great argument but sure. Let's just put it this way, aside from the monetary issues you just raised (which ironically wasnt a "greens" move) what negatives does a marine park have? If you can name one which isn't an emotive reason (I should have access to it, my children want to fish etc.) I'd love to hear it, because to me it's a matter of acting preemptively rather than letting the entire coastline get pillaged as it has in the past.

Cheers for the advice as well, at least they don't want every person my age to have access to a ******* gun
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:21 pm

jb2020 wrote:So someone called gtshoon is worried about '"dirty" energy production'.....despite co2 being a colourless, odorless gas.....
Also what the ****? How does something being odorless and colorless affect anything, let me release some carbon monoxide near you and see what happens then, don't think you'd be as blazè about it then
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 am

jb2020 wrote:
"No benchmarks were ever set for monitoring, neither has there been any monitoring carried out in the past decade during which these so called marine parks have been in existence"

"In fact government agencies DSE & Parks Victoria, who were entrusted with more than $37 million over a period of 7 years for the monitoring of our so called marine parks, fraudulently and criminally misappropriated some $34 million for which they are unable to account"
GTSHoon wrote:
2. "Climate hysterics" is that the new name for someone who has a decent grasp on reality, might chuck that one in my signature......

3. So you're combating my lack of science with a quote from a guy with a vested interest in keeping fisheries open? Doesn't seem like a great argument but sure. Let's just put it this way, aside from the monetary issues you just raised (which ironically wasnt a "greens" move) what negatives does a marine park have? If you can name one which isn't an emotive reason (I should have access to it, my children want to fish etc.) I'd love to hear it,
Ian --- Climate Hysterics and Climate deniers are just silly names for ether side of a very silly religion -- is the Climate changing of cause it is , has it changed before of cause it has , can man make a difference not really but many feel all warm and fuzzy thinking they can

and your other point on Marine parks what proof have you that marine parks have made one bit of difference to the marine environment apart from shutting fishos out - I doubt Marine parks do any good at all apart from some green minded fools feeling warm and fuzzy
but I'll be happy to say I'm wrong if you can show me the science
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:12 am

I'll agree with you on many things cheater. But man (as a collective) has influenced the environment around them in massive ways and almost all for a negative.

Yes the global temps have moved forever. But they are accelerating.

It's not all doom and gloom. When sea temps rise a **** load and the seas come up I'm looking forward to catching gt's in Bourke street mall.

As for marine parks. I'm unsold either way. But I won't argue that they don't benefit a fishery, like black rock marine park. What I am against is thousands of kilometres of marine parks effectively banning fishing in huge sections of coast line.
Attachments
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG (25.25 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 am

ducky wrote:I'll agree with you on many things cheater. But man (as a collective) has influenced the environment around them in massive ways and almost all for a negative.
a while back on the same subject on another forum a said the best thing would be to cull 75 % of humans off the planet and that would help the environment no end on all levels

it was however taken as a bit extreme ! :rofl:

I also told a mate who lives in Koo Wee Rup they should bulldoze the town and make it back into a swamp + plant a **** load of Mangroves back around the top end of WP to fix up our favourite fishing grounds - no need for Marine parks if the habitat was restored
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:04 pm

cheaterparts wrote: Ian ---
nah that's Cam :rofl:

I don't see the issue with marine parks. I get out and fish at least once a week weather permitting and there is no shortage of places to go.

It's a whole 5% of the state's coastline and coastal waters that we can't fish in, which isn't much when you consider how many divers, tourists, surfers conservationists, birdwatchers etc etc who may conceivably want to use some public spaces without stepping around fishermen or finding bits of fisho rubbish on the beach. Even if the parks don't enhance a particular fishery, I think that is enough reason to have them.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:24 pm

4liters wrote: I don't see the issue with marine parks. I get out and fish at least once a week weather permitting and there is no shortage of places to go.

It's a whole 5% of the state's coastline and coastal waters that we can't fish in, which isn't much when you consider how many divers, tourists, surfers conservationists, birdwatchers etc etc who may conceivably want to use some public spaces without stepping around fishermen or finding bits of fisho rubbish on the beach. Even if the parks don't enhance a particular fishery, I think that is enough reason to have them.
Sounds fair - although it is a pain in the arse to say the least when its your local beach where you are not permitted to fish from anymore.

I guess, following that same logic, it would also be fair if 5% of beaches were off limits to tourists, surfers, divers, conservationists, birdwatchers etc.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 am

yeah, although I got to say the only things been annoyed enough at to want them banned from an area are jetskis and there's plenty of places I can go to avoid those

anyway, I think anywhere set aside specifically for fishing would get thrashed in such a short space of time so as to be useless
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Introductions”