Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria Rep

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria Rep

Post by 4liters » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:54 pm

to be fair though, that article seems to be talking about conventional gas extraction which has fewer of the unpleasant side effects of fracking
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Marlinman

Post by Marlinman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:16 pm

You can't please everyone Ethan but good on you for taking the time to inform this forum of your work.

Again, I for one don't agree with all your policies (doubt anyone can really say they agree with ALL a parties policies) however I feel my interests are best met by your representation, keep up the good work.

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:38 pm

4liters wrote:to be fair though, that article seems to be talking about conventional gas extraction which has fewer of the unpleasant side effects of fracking
Agree, however the gas is still in the same places and requires some form of cracking the seal to pull it out with similar risks to it escaping.

My point is that the party is supposedly looking out for fishers, shooters & farmers. farmers don't necessarily like fishers walking on their property, let alone some company brandishing an exploration licence to drill for gas on their farm.

I just don't see that as representative of the 3 groups they claim to represent in their name.

I applaud Ethan for offering himself to the forum and share his party's views & policies
quid est quod eum

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Marlinman wrote:You can't please everyone Ethan but good on you for taking the time to inform this forum of your work.

Again, I for one don't agree with all your policies (doubt anyone can really say they agree with ALL a parties policies) however I feel my interests are best met by your representation, keep up the good work.
Can you please explain how your best interests are met by this party? Yes they have an attention grabbing shooters fishers and farmers party name but there doesn't actually seem to be anything that would suggest they could govern at all..

ethanboris

Post by ethanboris » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:58 pm

ducky wrote: Can you please explain how your best interests are met by this party? Yes they have an attention grabbing shooters fishers and farmers party name but there doesn't actually seem to be anything that would suggest they could govern at all..
It would take a very, very long time for any minor party to amass enough support to form government, and if that party could form government there would be the upper house to deal with. We don't form policies on every matter because we know we won't form government any time soon, here in Victoria we assess every bit of legislation that comes into the upper house.

i personally don't know much about the gas industry, Daniel Young MP was on the committee that looked into the legislation and has a more informed view.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Here I am.. thinking it's some kind of a party for farmers and fishers with shooters of alcohol.. I'll go crawl under my rock now..
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

mcbain

Post by mcbain » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:50 am

Thanks but no

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:06 am

Welcome mate

jb2020

Post by jb2020 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:09 pm

So someone called GTSHoon is worried about '"dirty" energy production'.....despite co2 being a colourless, odorless gas..... but burning fuel and rubber for kicks is ok though? the hypocrisy of the climate hysterics knows no bounds.

Do you have even the slightest idea of how that sham marine park process was conducted? and you have the hide to talk about 'real science' and emotional reactions.

To quote the great Geoff Wilson:

"the marine park initiatives were based on ideology, imperfect perceptions, downright lies and transparently obvious anti-fishing agenda"

"No benchmarks were ever set for monitoring, neither has there been any monitoring carried out in the past decade during which these so called marine parks have been in existence"

"In fact government agencies DSE & Parks Victoria, who were entrusted with more than $37 million over a period of 7 years for the monitoring of our so called marine parks, fraudulently and criminally misappropriated some $34 million for which they are unable to account"

Stick to greens mate, you're on a real winner there...
GTSHoon wrote:Glad to see youve got one politician trait down pat, talking a lot but not saying much

But can you provide a single piece of scientific literature that suggests that marine or national parks aren't a worthwhile option?
Also how can you be a "party" without a stand point on any of the issues raised in the post you quoted above? Surely you have a view on immigration, unemployment and the shutting down of "dirty" energy production at the very least?

Seems like the ideals of your party are based entirely on emotional reaction with little to no real science or facts to back it up at this point mate!

Marlinman

Post by Marlinman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Ducky, first to come to mind is their push for "Mandatory sentencing for CRIMINALS who use firearms" as opposed to the usual knee jerk reaction of tightening laws which affect law abiding firearm owners.

Return to “Introductions”