Fishing at Lilydale lake

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Fishing24/7

Fishing at Lilydale lake

Post by Fishing24/7 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Hey mate im new to all forums how do i post on this place? i just started fishing for not long and i love it, i live in doncaster the nearest place i know that i can fish is lilydale lake, i want to go there today afternoon or tomorrow morning.
What kind of bait should i use? i bought a few plastic lures to try out tht i see others using, i am wanting to find friend to go there together n fish around as i am still learning.
I went to Lang Lang beach yesterday, caught a few gummies but threw them back as they were undersize

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Re: Fishing at Lilydale lake

Post by ChrisD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Mate if you are in Doncaster you have access to a lot of the Yarra as well as Lilydale lake.
I can't offer too much with regard to Lilydale lake -have only fished it a couple of times myself.
They are working on the dam wall end at present and it is all fenced off so can't access that area.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:38 am

I've had very little luck in lilydale lake. Got a few follows by reddies chasing lures I cast from the timber decks. I've seen a few trout caught (not by me) on power bait off the rocks near where the creek flows into the lake, not far from the car park.

Fishing24/7

Post by Fishing24/7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Yea i was down at Lilydale lake, spent around 4 hours there with all sort of different bait and lures but has no luck, i do wonder it there are any fish in lilydale lake anymore

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:19 pm

There are - but it's notorious for being a slog (but not impossible) outside of 2wks from stocking periods. Running sinker rigs (corn, worms or gulp trout eggs as bait) with a fish oil scented berley mix is your best bet for a chance.

Take two rods and try them at different distances out from the shoreline until you find one getting interest. In those type of lakes you often find fish in the 10-20ft range from the shoreline - dont necessarily have to be casting a football oval away. Usually it's just being lucky enough to land in a bare patch amongst weeds.

Andrew Myers

Post by Andrew Myers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Mate Im with you, no one can tell you on how to post on this site, very frustrating

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Andrew Myers wrote:Mate Im with you, no one can tell you on how to post on this site, very frustrating
Are you saying you asked for help to post here and didn't get it? cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Andrew Myers

Post by Andrew Myers » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:14 pm

got email back, not the easiest to use but got there

Return to “Introductions”