Stolen 2016 ford wild track ranger and Extreme 570 gameking boat

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
Marty.A

Re: Stolen 2016 ford wild track ranger and Extreme 570 gameking boat

Post by Marty.A » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Mate I feel vey sad for you its the worst feeling to have but as bad as it sounds don't discount people you know as it happened to me when I brought a friend over from work a few years back to check out my Ford memorabilia as he seemed like a really nice guy . He noted some of my stuff was worth a fortune but I thought nothing of it.2 weeks later my house was robbed on a weekend and only my Ford memorabilia was stolen, $16,000 worth of home entertainment was not touched or any thing else in the house. I couldn't prove it but I'm sure it was more than a coincidence that it happened after his visit and I will always believe he had something to do with it.

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Marty.A wrote:Mate I feel vey sad for you its the worst feeling to have but as bad as it sounds don't discount people you know as it happened to me when I brought a friend over from work a few years back to check out my Ford memorabilia as he seemed like a really nice guy . He noted some of my stuff was worth a fortune but I thought nothing of it.2 weeks later my house was robbed on a weekend and only my Ford memorabilia was stolen, $16,000 worth of home entertainment was not touched or any thing else in the house. I couldn't prove it but I'm sure it was more than a coincidence that it happened after his visit and I will always believe he had something to do with it.
Seriously, that is a pretty low act. And the boat being stolen also. I find it hard to believe a complete stranger stole a boat and Ford ranger in a span of 5 mins, they must have exceptional timing and balls the size of bean bags. I tell you what, Australia is becoming a criminal haven with the **** poor laws we have on all crimes, slap on the damn wrist.

I hope you get your boat back champ, I'm gutted for you!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 pm

GONE FISHING wrote:
Marty.A wrote:Mate I feel vey sad for you its the worst feeling to have but as bad as it sounds don't discount people you know as it happened to me when I brought a friend over from work a few years back to check out my Ford memorabilia as he seemed like a really nice guy . He noted some of my stuff was worth a fortune but I thought nothing of it.2 weeks later my house was robbed on a weekend and only my Ford memorabilia was stolen, $16,000 worth of home entertainment was not touched or any thing else in the house. I couldn't prove it but I'm sure it was more than a coincidence that it happened after his visit and I will always believe he had something to do with it.
Seriously, that is a pretty low act. And the boat being stolen also. I find it hard to believe a complete stranger stole a boat and Ford ranger in a span of 5 mins, they must have exceptional timing and balls the size of bean bags. I tell you what, Australia is becoming a criminal haven with the p1ss poor laws we have on all crimes, slap on the damn wrist.

I hope you get your boat back champ, I'm gutted for you!
It's not so much the laws, rather coke addicts getting around in AMG Mercs pleading for and handing out the slaps....

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:51 am

frigen barstards.
just thinking the other side of it when you dont want something to be stolen it goes missing and when when you forget and leave ur keys iin the car and dont care about ur stuff it gets left alone.

all your gear should be covered under ur home and contence insurance
i think it has to me covered under portable items.

it was probably someone who stole ur boat to use it for illegal reasons so they dont care if it get reposessed. just a thought.

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 am

Only the boat and trailer is covered by insurance. You have to have your things in a locked cabin or nominated through your home contents insurance. If it was stolen from my driveway I believe rods etc would have been covered. It's only when things like this happen when you find out about the finer detail. It's going to cost me a substantial amount. Not sure it helps having your items in a locked cabin when the whole boat is stolen.
Be vigilant, a lot if theft is going on. I have only found out how much after talking to the authorities and doing all I can to try and find the stolen car and boat.
I'm not sure what to think about what will happen to my boat. There is no other 570 gameking for sale second hand in Aus, you have to buy new. They aren't very common.
Balls the size of bean bags is right, it's exactly a quick getaway towing a big boat.
I Definately think the laws are too soft. Always have. A lots of crims know the law and it's no deterant to them. That's the society we live in now. I would love to see someone else with some big balls to come out and change it.
Anyway, I will keep up the hunt.
Thanks again for everyone's help and support. I hope there's a happy ending. No pun intended!!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:15 am

very sorry to hear this mate.
if your insurance policy is like mine then see if you have a new for new replacement within first year ( or 2 years i believe) of ownership.
might not be the same boat but atleast its some consolation.
also if you have expesive rods and reels, list it under contents in your home and contents poilicy, i think under sporting goods
hope theres some good news soon

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:59 am

spoke to allianz insurance yesterday to follow up from my previous post and cos i now have some great stadics and terez rods and want them covered from theft no matter where i am. lol

Your normal home and contence coveres gear on your property.
if you get additional portable cover that covers item away from the house like laptops, phones, rings, etc
this also covers rods, reels and terminal gear on boat as long as its not broken while in use.
i asked if its stolen from the boat while im cleaning fish at the boat ramp and they said yes.

i took this extra cover to cover rods, reels, tackle, car freezer, solar panel and battery pack. $5000k worth cover
well worth it for the extra $200 a year

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:40 am

The bad thing is there is really no way to track a stolen boat in VIC unlike other states.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:47 am

matt1991 wrote:The bad thing is there is really no way to track a stolen boat in VIC unlike other states.
Why is that ?
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 am

Any new on if it been found yet
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Announcements”