Animal welfare act

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Re: Animal welfare act

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 am

I was a member of several shooting organisations 10+years ago and we warned quite a few fishing organisations and 4x4 clubs this attack was coming they just scoffed at it and said it will only be shooters they go after.
Hmmm you reap what you sow
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 pm

You're all good mate!
Yeah animal welfare is defintely an important one, however I feel that every time there is an attempt to have a reasonable discussion in relation to the hunting/fishing it's emotionaised.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

ben475
Has liked: 162 times

Post by ben475 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 pm

all the outdoor groups need to stand up!
let's not kid ourselves.

Paulanderson
Has liked: 64 times

Post by Paulanderson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm

Further to my earlier post a very strong motivation for almost all politicians is to get re-elected. There are millions of us - why do you think the Victorian government strongly supports fishing and boating! Too many of us will just sit back but I encourage as many as possible to email their local MP and pressure them to have the legislation amended to remove fishing/fish!!!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:11 pm

There's too much for the boating and fishing industry to loose if this goes ahead.
I highly doubt they will let this happen.
Imagine worsteling, Kramer guesty and the likes going out of business.
Don't think so.
But I've been proven wrong many a time of course..

ben475
Has liked: 162 times

Post by ben475 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:06 pm

i wouldn't be so confident.
does anyone in power really care about those 3 blokes at the end of the day, or anyone else for that matter?
usually it's the boiling frog approach and they just chip away at small bits until oneday it's gone rather than force a big change all of a sudden and risk a major challenge.
the problem with voters is, most fishers will be too concerned with other issues such as financial, economics, union deals etc and will vote on that rather than their recreation. yes some will vote that way but it won't make enough of a difference.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:51 pm

They probably don't care about the 3 guys, but the 3 have a lot of influence which they can use to vote against the ban.
Many small towns in Victoria rely on fishing and boating to survive.
There's also quite a few boat manufacturers locally.
It will be very hard to fully ban both these activities...

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Fishing Comps don't bring in much money compared to regular fishos on long weekends and other holidays.
I live in Paynesville and in the last 5 years I would never know the ABT comps have been hear until Steve's videos show up on my feeds .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 am

Tackleberry wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 pm
Fishing Comps don't bring in much money compared to regular fishos on long weekends and other holidays.
I live in Paynesville and in the last 5 years I would never know the ABT comps have been hear until nSteve's videos show up on my feeds .
The ban will all comps eg the twin Rivers comp , golden beach Easter surf comp and many others. When they get rid of fishing club they start on the general public

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm

Tackleberry wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 pm
I live in Paynesville and in the last 5 years I would never know the ABT comps have been hear until Steve's videos show up on my feeds .
The ABT is different, it's an Australia wide tournament. Many don't do them due to being held all over australia, and only a hand few travel interstate to do the rounds and also having 2 rounds in the same week where multiple days of leave are required means many don't do it.

Not the same for vic bream and twin rivers where lots and lots of money is spent locally.
Same for mallacoota, Marlo, and Nelson where a lot of money is spent locally. Warnambool is different as it's a big town and has enough going on to support the locals.
These are just the vicbream series..

Ofcourse long weekends are different story again, many go fishing and camping all over Victoria and spend money.

Return to “Announcements”