Eastern View report...24/25 Nov

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
SFP Guy.

Eastern View report...24/25 Nov

Post by SFP Guy. » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Well, this was a weekend we had looked forward to for a while! Our last outing at Eastern View resulted in 3 Gummies, the biggest being 11kg.

Friday night was great, set up around 3pm and got the light gear out, plenty of Mullet and Salmon around and we soon had enough fresh bait for the night.

Just before dusk we set up the heavy gear and put the fresh bait to use including sending out a live bait to tempt the local Gummy population into having a feed. The weather was cloudy but fine and expectations were high!

The salmon were hanging around all night the best being a nice 1.5kg+ model, on the surf gear which fought well above it's weight, that along with a Banjo that did it's very best Gummy impression which had me drooling all over my Sensor Surf as I was reeling it in were the highlights of the night. The gummys just didn't want to come out and play, so we pulled the pin at about 1am and happy to have another crack at them on Saturday.

On Saturday, it rained, and it rained and then it decided to rain some more! I don't mind fishing in the rain but my fiance wasn't very keen! The rain was relentless and after saying "We'll have a look in an hour" about 5 times we knew we weren't going to get to wet a line.

There's plenty of Salmon and Mullet around there if anyone is keen on collecting some bait or wanting to have a crack at a gummy. Be warned the schoolies will be in the area over the next couple of weeks. Schoolies as in teenage school leavers intent on drunken escapades, not school sharks!

Hope you catch a few!

Cam.

Return to “Surf Fishing”