The good and bad in life

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

The good and bad in life

Post by JS270 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 am

Strange day yesterday , got the sad news that we lost my cousin to cancer and now the family has to deal with the loss in our different ways .
For me it was good to get out and have a fish in the night. Taking things very relaxed as I now want to enjoy the times that are available as it can be taken all too quickly away from us.

I had the Century T800 and the SRE and the wind was pushing into my face which was strangely very calming with what was running through my head. It was good to wind the rods up and blast the leads into the face of the wind and I enjoyed the feeling of the lead sailing out despite the force of the wind trying to drag the distances down.

The bite wasn't the best but there were a few fish about , the majority were pickers that chewed the baits to bits but that was even fun seeing the rod tips dancing madly and raising the hope that they would buckle over on a decent fish. First keeper was a nice Flathead that will put a smile on my face once I prepare it with a good garden salad and a cold drink later on tomorrow.

After this I was kept amused once again with the bait thieves tearing the pilchards to pieces and keeping me busy winding in , rebating and then sending the rigs back out in the hope of something better.

Later in the session I did get the T800 load up and felt the weight of a decent sized fish buy it wasn't the tell tail thump of a read more of a luggish tug of war which eventually had me dancing around on the rocks with the waves breaking on the rocks. Must have been a funny sight seeing an old bloke trying to manage a long rod , 14' long net and controlling the fish at the other end :shock:

It wasn't what I wanted but none the less the Port Jackson was big enough to warrant the net and after the obligatory photo's I set it on its way.

Forgot how big the spikes were on them but the photo shows them up well :)

Called it a night around 3.30 am as I will have to check on a few of the other family members today and see how they are managing with life.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: The good and bad in life

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:12 am

Nice report mate. Enjoy the flattie :P sorry to hear about your cousin.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:25 am

Great catch match and report :thumbsup: I know the feeling losing a best mate recently I did the same thing packed the rods and went away by myself for the day best thing I did to help me through the loss.

Marlinman

Post by Marlinman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:44 am

Great read Jeremy, great way to clear your head.

Return to “Surf Fishing”