Good for the soul

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Good for the soul

Post by JS270 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 am

IIt always puts a smile on my face getting out and sending out a few baits in the hope of getting a fish or two though if there are no fish I am still happy :mrgreen:

Work has been a pain so I decided that the best remedy would be to head down to the bay with a few of my rods, today it was the Century Excalibur "C' curve and the Eliminator T800. Plan was to load these up with the 150 gram leads matched to a pulley rig and 4/0 circle hooks baited with Pilchards and Squid in the hope of picking up a big red. The day started slow but with the view I didn't really care.

The bites were slow in coming which was a bit of a surprise as in the last few sessions the smaller fish have decimated the baits in short order , I suppose that this was a blessing in disguise as the mosquitoes are out in numbers here due to the wet and worm weather and by the look will only get worse as spring turns to summer. First fish for the day came with the T800 and a nice squid tentacle tipped with pilchard. Whilst I was hoping that it would be a decent Red the consolation of a good sized Flathead put a smile on my face.

Things slowed down even more at this point but then mother nature turned it on and I didn't care as I was just enjoying being out there unwinding.

Had another hit this time on the "C" curve and landed a small Fiddler ray which was sent back as quickly as I could.

The evening by this stage was fast approaching but with it so did the sunset . I was hopeful that with the fading light and the rising tide that this would flip the trigger on the fish and that I could get a Red to take one of the baits . Once again they hadn't read the script and I had to just sit and wait looking out at the rods :mrgreen:

The plan was to stay till around 9.00 pm as I needed to get back home and clean up the gear and fish so was happy when another pan sized red decided to put a smile on my face. It would have been great if it's bigger brother or sister had decided to come to the partly byt this one will be good on the plate .

This fish was the last of the session and as the night progressed and the sea lice started stripping the baits I decided that I had to head home and get the gear sorted as work would be waiting for me in the morning. Great way to break up the week and forget work and focus on what is good in this world :mrgreen:

Looking forward now for the long weekend :mrgreen:

The plan was to stay till around 9.00 pm as I needed to get back home and clean up the gear and fish so was happy when another pan sized red decided to put a smile on my face. It would have been great if it's bigger brother or sister had decided to come to the partly byt this one will be good on the plate .

This fish was the last of the session and as the night progressed and the sea lice started stripping the baits I decided that I had to head home and get the gear sorted as work would be waiting for me in the morning. Great way to break up the week and forget work and focus on what is good in this world :mrgreen:

Looking forward now for the long weekend :mrgreen:
Last edited by JS270 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Good for the soul

Post by Mattblack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:39 am

who's mrgreen?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:44 am

Nice report mate :thumbsup:

JS270

Post by JS270 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Sorted out the link to the images , Mr. Green is mer smiling .

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:53 am

Nice days fishing
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 am

JS270 wrote:Sorted out the link to the images , Mr. Green is mer smiling .
I thought you may have been smoking a joint.....awesome pictures!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:47 am

nice report as usual mate.
now am i dreaming or is that braid going straight to the hook in the last pic.
or do you use orange coloured mono.

JS270

Post by JS270 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:07 am

The trace line is Amnesia from the UK , doesn't kink and can be straightened simply by running it though your fingers come in both red and clear . I prefer the red though I do have both.

Regards

Return to “Surf Fishing”