Pinkies in the rain

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Pinkies in the rain

Post by JS270 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:43 pm

As usual the Melbourne spring weather turned it on for us with solid rain and wester winds for the better part of the afternoon and evening. It nearly put me off but as work has been doing my head in I decided that the break was needed despite the conditions.

Whilst I started with the rain and wind it didn't matter as the fish were biting and I had my first Pinky on the deck inside of 10 minutes , bait of choice was once again the humble Pilchard though I was also putting some Squid tentacles on in the hope of getting a few bigger models . Sad to say I had to content myself with the Pan sized 38 to 40 com fish.

It did clear for a short break as the sun was setting and I must say that it does the soul good seeing this :D

The better class of fish had to battle with a number of bait stealing runts but thankfully I was running a 4/0 circle which meant only the better fish got pinned properly.

One of the pan sized ones that will end up either BBQ'd or baked in the oven tomorrow or Sunday.

Also took a little Fiddler ray or Banjo shark as they are called , this too was taken on my Century TTUL-ST which I have been using alongside of my Eliminator T800 and must say that the lighter rod allows the smaller fish to give you a bit of fun :-)

If I get the chance I will head out again possibly on Sunday morning but I'm not sure Sue will want me to bring home any more as she is not a big fan of fish even when I clean, cook and serve it :mrgreen:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Pinkies in the rain

Post by smile0784 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:19 am

Good report. Nice effort in the rain.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:44 am

Nice report mate :thumbsup:

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Thanks , will head out again tomorrow hopefully , need to check a few things first though :-)

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:13 am

Nice report mate where did u fish

Lbsnapperhunter

Post by Lbsnapperhunter » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:36 am

Well done for getting out there in that weather, and getting some nice fish for your efforts!

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:01 am

l know what you mean about work doing your head in and your right sometimes you just need to get out and enjoy, regardless of the conditions.
Nice reward for your efforts as well.
:cheers:

Return to “Surf Fishing”