gunnamata today

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
silloth

gunnamata today

Post by silloth » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 am

hi guys
fished gunna today donuts not a bite only used 4 bluebait in 4 hrs tried lures ,bluebait and prawn another 2 guys gave up before me also donuts

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Re: gunnamata today

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:18 am

not even any crabs

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:26 am

You gave it a good go! Better luck next time mate.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:48 am

silloth wrote:hi guys
fished gunna today donuts not a bite only used 4 bluebait in 4 hrs tried lures ,bluebait and prawn another 2 guys gave up before me also donuts

Where were you fishing?

There's almost no point fishing anything but the highest of tides within about 600m of the stairs atm.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

drewb

Post by drewb » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:39 am

The only 2 fish I got on Sunday were from the far end of the beach. Just after high.

silloth

Post by silloth » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:58 am

DougieK wrote:
silloth wrote:hi guys

Where were you fishing?

There's almost no point fishing anything but the highest of tides within about 600m of the stairs atm.

was fishing about 200m left of the stairs on high tide i dont think it was very high judging how far away it was from the dunes

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 am

CarlG and I walked it at super low tide on saturday morning. There is almost no structure for a solid 600m towards cape schanck. You're a much better chance if bait fishing to walk down to one of the deep holes down that way. Sat morning there were 20 odd baitos by the stairs, casting into water less than a metre deep thick with churned up sand. Surfers were walking out past the range of some of the bait guys.

The one bait fisho a bit further down had a fat tail sticking out of the sand behind him, nobody else had anything.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

bigdan91

Post by bigdan91 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:10 am

DougieK wrote:CarlG and I walked it at super low tide on saturday morning. There is almost no structure for a solid 600m towards cape schanck. You're a much better chance if bait fishing to walk down to one of the deep holes down that way. Sat morning there were 20 odd baitos by the stairs, casting into water less than a metre deep thick with churned up sand. Surfers were walking out past the range of some of the bait guys.

The one bait fisho a bit further down had a fat tail sticking out of the sand behind him, nobody else had anything.
How'd you and carl go? Ash and I have been down there a few times in the past month with no luck. Still need to get her a salmon on her new rod!

I've got a job in mt martha this arvo so we will be there tonight. Hopefully the winds stays northerly!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:34 am

If you do get to give it a go, good luck mate :P

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:04 am

bigdan91 wrote: How'd you and carl go? Ash and I have been down there a few times in the past month with no luck. Still need to get her a salmon on her new rod!

I've got a job in mt martha this arvo so we will be there tonight. Hopefully the winds stays northerly!

We got a couple each. Carl got some more on the high tide later in the afternoon. With high bang on sunset you're every chance tonight. If not the first gutter at the london bridge carpark at portsea looks tip top as well.

What setup did ash get? The 5 foot pink barbie rod was getting the job done just fine!

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “Surf Fishing”