Daiwa Seabass

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
Flathead37

Daiwa Seabass

Post by Flathead37 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Has anyone ever used a Daiwa Seabass Hunter X 90ML. Was looking at the ones you can get in Oz but not real happy with the guides so started looking online and can get one from Japan with Fuji K guides and in a 9footer instead of 8'6'' or 9'6''. They are rated to 16lb mono and 1.5 PE around 35gram cast weight so perfect for walking the beach casting . Any feed back would be good. Cheers Mick

dezza68

Re: Daiwa Seabass

Post by dezza68 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Ive been looking round for the 11ft one to have a feel of. I had the Aird but broke it in the car.
I think the seabass is slightly heavier.
Cast, catch and put it back

Flathead37

Re: Daiwa Seabass

Post by Flathead37 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Dezza , I had a play of an 8'6'' rod was nice but not really what I was after , and the guides where only single foot , so on line I went and found you can get a model you can't get here . Seabass Hunter X , that has more model lengths and more cast weights and better guides . I'm after a rod for casting smaller metals ,poppers bucktailjigs off the beach in search of Salmon , Tailor .So am going to order a 90ML is a two piece comes in a hard plastic rod case $215 to my door .From Japan . They make a 11footer as well . Have a look . Cheers mick

Return to “Surf Fishing”