Whe things go WRONG :-(

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
Buckle&scream

Re: Whe things go WRONG :-(

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:11 pm

JS270 wrote:Buckle&scream , When fishing I use a multitude of styles and it all depends on what I am after , how safe it is and what distances I am trying to get. Just for getting the feel for how far you can get a bait consider the MCG goal post to Goal post is about 160 meters . With a clipped down rig and medium sized bait I can get it into the stand at the back of the far goals when conditions are right.

https://youtu.be/t1dedILgpS0

Also when conditions are rough it's the only way you can launch a baited rig into the teeth of a southerly on the beach :water:

https://youtu.be/ItLHbHBlyWs

learning to get the most from your gear just gives you more options of where and when you can fish .

Happy to help people learn as its a buzz seeing people beating their own PB's :a_goodjob:
Mate that's some big distance, watching those 2 clips I can't say that's something I haven't seen before because I cast like that as well but obviously not as far as you. When I cast I get my feet in the right position and get the perfect swing and have the right line and sinker ratio for the rod and try belt it to kingdom come lol I reckon I'd be getting close to 100meters on a 10foot rod spoiled with 15lb mono and 4oz snapper sinker, I gotta test it out at the local oval soon measure my distance.
Do you know Who holds the title for the longest cast ATM??
And whats the record if you know??

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:18 pm

There are a number of records for off the ground it is 286 meters or 308+ yards , for Pendulum style the top distances are 275 plus meters depends on which association/ club you look at.

My best in comp cast is 257 meters with current average of 240+ in comps. This is casting just the sinker with a shock leader. Depending on rig and bait size, top line casters can hit 200 meters in good conditions of a firm base.

If your interested in meeting up for a session just give me a yell and will see what I can organise.

Regards :thumbsup:

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Wow that's huge distance mate, very impressive!
Thanks I will definitely keep you in mind or if anyone else needs help I will refer them to you.
All the best for the comps!!

JS270

Post by JS270 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:51 pm

https://youtu.be/kbTzJHp9u6Q

happy to help , here's a video I did at the last Australian Championships testing out a new reel from the USA.It also give a good idea what 200 meters looks like :-D

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:19 pm

JS270 wrote: Just for getting the feel for how far you can get a bait consider the MCG goal post to Goal post is about 160 meters . With a clipped down rig and medium sized bait I can get it into the stand at the back of the far goals when conditions are right:
Thats insane distance when you relate it to something everyone is familiar with, any chance you can teach Travis Cloke to kick that far or that straight.....please :rofl:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:23 pm

or that straight.....please :rofl: => never a truer statement ! :rofl:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:21 pm

I have seen a guy do this king of casting at black rock car park. Looked like an awesome cast however need a lot of room.

JS270

Post by JS270 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:51 pm

that may have been me or some of the other ASF members that live in the area.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 pm

The guy I saw that night had a few nice pinkies in his bag from memory...

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Is that right the off ground record is higher than the pendulum now? Massive distance getting over 300 yards that way.
Cast, catch and put it back

Return to “Surf Fishing”