Surf Combo Recommendation

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Surf Combo Recommendation

Post by ducky » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 am

How do you get interstate? Car or plane? Because if you are flying I'd be looking at one of the many 9-10 foot travel rods which are 4-5 pieces and pack up into a suitcase.

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:58 am

I use a Shimano Raider Mexican Fire II 902 travel. It's a 4 piece and I've used it to throw metal slugs into the surf... Nice and light and a good action. Cost $100 on special with bag and case. Sits in the boot of my car

yzdood

Post by yzdood » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:35 am

ducky wrote:How do you get interstate? Car or plane? Because if you are flying I'd be looking at one of the many 9-10 foot travel rods which are 4-5 pieces and pack up into a suitcase.
Travel will be by car so as long as its a 2 piece it'll be ok

yzdood

Post by yzdood » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Just thought i'd provide an update if anyone reads this looking for a similar kind of combo. I ended up going for 2 rods, a cheaper 12ft rod and a 10ft Wilson Blue Steel.The Wilson is an awesome rod and if you're looking for an inexpensive light surf rod, this is a nice option!

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:50 pm

yzdood wrote:Just thought i'd provide an update if anyone reads this looking for a similar kind of combo. I ended up going for 2 rods, a cheaper 12ft rod and a 10ft Wilson Blue Steel.The Wilson is an awesome rod and if you're looking for an inexpensive light surf rod, this is a nice option!
I Broke the tip on my Wilson light surf rod, I was adjusting the reel drag at the time and it snapped 12 inches in from the top, BCF refunded my purchase so I ended up buying a Starlo Classix 10'6" surf rod, the Wilson tip is very fine so as long you are aware of it you should be ok.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

yzdood

Post by yzdood » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:02 pm

That's a bummer! You're right it is quite fine, I did a bit of research on it first and those that have one gave them a pretty big wrap.

Return to “Surf Fishing”