Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: This is good stuff.

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:30 am

Mattblack wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:26 am
Kimtown wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 am
I wish I had the amount of free time you do when you make your pics buggaboo lol

P.s that looks like glossblacky to me
Cruiser.jpg
This got a real life laugh out of me :rofl: . Well done glossblack

Bugatti

Re: This is good stuff.

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:18 pm

To try and get this back on topic

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am
Bugatti wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:31 pm
Cheers bug.

Gonna make some parmas tonight I'll give this a go.

On chicken do you go flower > egg > tandaco or just dip the fillets straight in the tandaco?
Cheers

All easy as, easiest way to make Schnitzels , , , , no need for flour or egg (The Tandaco must have a flour content in it already which does it all) , , , , just dip straight into the Tandaco. Helps if whatever you are coating is wet first, but not dripping wet.

Sounds like dinner should be at your place tonight :-D

Hope they come out a treat for you

Cheers, Bug
As someone who has literally made thousands of chicken parma's IMO you cant really go past Japanese panko crumbs. I know its a little more fiddly than a straight up flour & crumb mix but i think the end result speaks for itself.

Anyway, sorry.. back to the topic of squid.....

I always prefer to cut the tubes open, nothing wrong with fried calamari strips instead of rings. But i have never tried the sand method.. always the tumbler bag for me.

I have used Panko Crumbs and you are right Steveo, they do make a "great texture and bring the Schnittie to a whole new level" as those judges on the Cooking programs say. Well. not sure about the new level thing, but they are nice and a good change to the norm.

The Tandaco, is more a time saver than anything else but still keeping the Shnitties flavoursome.

Steveo, not sure if you have tried this but it is similarly rustic like Panko crumbs (probably yes and I am talking to the informed) but I have only recently been wrapping prawns (single prawns with a short skewer to keep it straight) in Kataifi Pastry , , , , then deep fried , , , , great fancy finger food , , , , if you don't mind running the vacuum cleaner over the floor after dinner

Cheers, Buggaboo

Return to “Fish Recipes and Preparation”