Bugatti's Spring Rolls

How to prepare and cook your catch.
Bugatti

Bugatti's Spring Rolls

Post by Bugatti » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Bugatti's Spring Rolls , , , , well, they may not be as authentic as the Asian varieties but they are Yummo.

It's basically meat and three veg , , , , well as many veg as you like, rolled up in a spring roll sheet. They are a meal in themselves. Like a stir fry (only sliced finer) that is placed on a bed of rice, in these Spring Rolls, I put rice in, so it is effectively a meal all rolled up, easy to shove in our anxiously awaiting gobs.

Veg , , , , anything really, I try to get as many colours in there. Red & Yellow capsicum. (not green caps). Broccoli for green. Cabbage for white. Carrot for orange. Peas for green , , , , hey, we got green but who doesn't love peas :-D

After I have sliced the veg into thin pieces, I "steam blanch" the veg.

Rice vermicelli, cut short. Just place in water , , , , voila.

Rice , , , , as per "to make rice".

Today I am making Chicken Spring Rolls and Prawn ones too.

Fry mince , , , , as per "fry mince" (season to taste, I use a chicken seasoning). A little trick is, when frying the mince and breaking it up with a wooden spoon and once the minced chicken (or any other meat you choose) has lost it's raw look, then use a potato masher in a repeated down & twist push. This helps separate the mince.

IMG_20190425_105307a.png

With the Prawns, I use already cooked SA King Prawns, and dice them up.

IMG_20190425_114939a.png

Combine all ingredients and if need be, season again.

This is the Prawn Spring Roll mix. The Chicken mix looks the same but , , , , yep, you guested it , , , , with chicken in it instead of Prawns.

IMG_20190425_124141a.png

Kids love helping out , , , , which saves me having to trick them into Child Labor :-D .
This is the Chicken mix being used first.

IMG_20190425_133643a.png

Here's the very simple method of rolling up the Spring Rolls.

Simple placement.
IMG_20190425_134300a.png

Start rolling to halfway.
IMG_20190425_134306a.png

Fold in the corners.
IMG_20190425_134321a.png

Once both corners are folded in, continue rolling.
IMG_20190425_134318a.png

Rub an egg wash (a beaten egg , , , , eggs are tough, they like being beaten), so place an egg wash dob on the last corner to stick it to the roll when it is fully rolled up.
IMG_20190425_134333a.png

Voila
IMG_20190425_134342a.png

Then deep-Fry the Spring Rolls in hot oil.
(Ran out of photo space)

Cheers and Bon Appetit
Bugatti

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Bugatti's Spring Rolls

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Not bad at all Bill!
They sound great!!! Made me hungry just thinking about it.
Do you use some dipping sauce with them or just eat them like that?

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:15 am

Lightningx wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 pm
Not bad at all Bill!
They sound great!!! Made me hungry just thinking about it.
Do you use some dipping sauce with them or just eat them like that?
Thanks LX

Nah, I'm happy having them just as they are. The Chicken ones I might dunk , , , ,oups , , , , dip them in soy, but a light soy. But mostly as they are. Kids, the Ex, and my two sisters and their families all dip.

I prefer the flavour of the Rolls, dipping them seems to just over power the flavour of the roll. I get SA King Prawns so I only lightly season the Prawn Mix to not take away from the Prawn flavour.

Thanks , , , , thanks , , , , now you made me hungry. Looks like, I'm raiding the fridge , , , , again :-D

Cheers, Bugatti

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:39 am

Oh mate, looks and sounds delicious!
Scrumptious!

There, is that the 10,000? A comment on spring rolls.

Btw, 'labouring' is if they get paid so it's not a child labour if you dont pay them. :rofl:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 am

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:39 am
Scrumptious!
Thank's Sebby

Seb85 wrote:
Btw, 'labouring' is if they get paid so it's not a child labour if you dont pay them. :rofl:
If they don't get paid , , , , by my understanding, then that makes it Child Exploitation :o_0:

Thanks for you help Sebby (insert jovial sarcasm emoji), looks like Child Services are now going to be paying me a visit very soon :(

Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:37 am

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 am
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 am

rb, have you been getting into my Jacks????

Cheers, getting the lock changed on the Cabinet, Bugatti
Bugatti most definitely not on the Jacks doubt the Colonel is either despite his quirky demeanour. What about yourself mate 700ml bottle a night drinker?

I thought I'd move that reply into the "Food & Beverage" thread to not ambush Wolly's thread.

Truth be told rb, I probably have about 3-4 Jacks per week , , , , not bottles, glasses , , , , so that's 3-4 glasses per week. It is my drink of choice (hoping there's a JD Rep on this site who might show their appreciation of "product placement" :-D . I can PM you why I'm up and keep odd hours, but simply , , , , commitments. An excuse can always be found to get drunk, where as, there are many reasons to stay sober , , , , drink sensibly kiddies , , , , Uncle Bugatti and Uncle rb are just being jovial.

That being said, I do enjoy our jovial banter on the , , , , topic. Which "banter" is what I have been meaning to reply to your post about (on hold). It befuddles me the small things that explode some people and some threads (not withstanding malicious personal attacks). There is a banter that you and another member had in which you two guys "adulted" quite well, there was no "kissing and making up" because it never got out of control. You two guys handled the situation like adults and it never got nasty, in fact it was a normal conversation done well by both.

April Fool wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 am

When members go 'overboard' with posting, it will create more work for the team cos other members will be sending pm's to the team...telling (whinging) them to do something about it.

Cheers
Team Bender

Jim's reply/post has thrown me for six , , , , yet to know how to respond (about the point, not at Jim) , , , , very few times that I am left speechless. Jim's a top bloke and has perspectives that I don't, it's about what Jim pointed out, about something that I had no idea happened , , , , and it never occurred to me how petty :down: some people can get , , , , and the complaints , , , , whinging pointless complaints that inundate the team. I have an even higher level of respect for what they have to put up with BUT shouldn't have too :notworthy: .

If people can whinge and send in complaints about "Nice fish :a_goodjob: " , , , , then the team's screens must light up after I have posted

Cheers, Bill

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:38 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 am
Seb85 wrote:
Scrumptious!
Thank's Sebby

Seb85 wrote:
If they don't get paid , , , , by my understanding, then that makes it Child Exploitation :o_0:

Thanks for you help Sebby (insert jovial sarcasm emoji), looks like Child Services are now going to be paying me a visit very soon :(

Cheers, Bugatti

Somebody's gonna get hurt :rofl:

That's okay, just give them some of those delicious spring rolls and they'll understand. Who knows they might be interested investing in Bugatti & son's spring rolls pty ltd :a_goodjob:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:46 am

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:38 am
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 am
Seb85 wrote:
Scrumptious!
Thank's Sebby

Seb85 wrote:

Cheers, Bugatti

That's okay, just give them some of those delicious spring rolls and they'll understand. Who knows they might be interested investing in Bugatti & son's spring rolls pty ltd :a_goodjob:

Hey, I like it , , , , a thriving successful business , , , , "Bugatti & Sons"

Hold the phone , , , , I only have one Son.

Are you saying you have found a lady (or some ladies) from my past with , , , , DNA tests that say different , , , , Curse you Jack Daniels

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on good times
Blame it on Jack Daniels

Cheers, Bugatti

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:46 am
Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:38 am

Hey, I like it , , , , a thriving successful business , , , , "Bugatti & Sons"

Hold the phone , , , , I only have one Son.

Are you saying you have found a lady (or some ladies) from my past with , , , , DNA tests that say different , , , , Curse you Jack Daniels

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on good times
Blame it on Jack Daniels

Cheers, Bugatti
"The story of Bugatti and his Jack Daniels : spring rolls reborn"
Sounds like an epic book title :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:37 am
rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 am
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 am

rb, have you been getting into my Jacks????

Cheers, getting the lock changed on the Cabinet, Bugatti
Bugatti most definitely not on the Jacks doubt the Colonel is either despite his quirky demeanour. What about yourself mate 700ml bottle a night drinker?

I thought I'd move that reply into the "Food & Beverage" thread to not ambush Wolly's thread.

Truth be told rb, I probably have about 3-4 Jacks per week , , , , not bottles, glasses , , , , so that's 3-4 glasses per week. It is my drink of choice (hoping there's a JD Rep on this site who might show their appreciation of "product placement" :-D . I can PM you why I'm up and keep odd hours, but simply , , , , commitments. An excuse can always be found to get drunk, where as, there are many reasons to stay sober , , , , drink sensibly kiddies , , , , Uncle Bugatti and Uncle rb are just being jovial.

That being said, I do enjoy our jovial banter on the , , , , topic. Which "banter" is what I have been meaning to reply to your post about (on hold). It befuddles me the small things that explode some people and some threads (not withstanding malicious personal attacks). There is a banter that you and another member had in which you two guys "adulted" quite well, there was no "kissing and making up" because it never got out of control. You two guys handled the situation like adults and it never got nasty, in fact it was a normal conversation done well by both.
Good on you Bill, you don’t owe anyone an explanation for your obscure post times or justify your Jack drinking. Also enjoy the banter and know it’s in good humour no need to for nastiness or sniping anyway Bill keep jacking.

Return to “Fish Recipes and Preparation”