25/8 report

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: 25/8 report

Post by smile0784 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 am

phil1818 wrote:Head out offshore this morning in search of the gummies, headed out to a spot iv had success at previously and also lost my anchor at 5 weeks ago! :rofl: anyway got a nice burly trail going and within 40 mins of setting up some d*** heads decided there just isn’t enough room out in bass strait and pulled up 20m away!!! Seriously could hear the flogs talking they were that close! Pulled up the pick and bugger me I see a bright orange rope floating near the boat, my anchor from 5 weeks ago!!! Pulled it up and was already growing weed all over it what are the chances :a_goodjob: anyway bugger all fish had, got 12 draughtboard sharks and a big ray. Still a good day out but some serious morons about that’s for sure, might take the .22 out next time

Thats just plainly rude i say.
Lucky you got your anchor back. Those things add ip after you loose a few. Hint hint.

Atleast . you gave it a shot.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: 25/8 report

Post by Kimtown » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:32 am

I don't really care too much if people pull up next to me, it's not my water and people can fish wherever they want. I dont do it myself because most find it unethical but I'll never crack the ***** if someone comes close to me.

I do care if they are in my casting direction though. I was pulled up on a bank at tyers one day and a boat came and anchored 40m out directly in front of me..
That was really annoying. Unfortunately it was JUST out of my casting range

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”