blind bight boat ramp times??

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: blind bight boat ramp times??

Post by Kimtown » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:38 pm

slinga wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:I’d just launch from another ramp.. then you don’t have to worry about that stuff and can do what you want out on the water
This. I've heard plenty of good things about tooradin ramp... honestly just use that lol
Warneet is better than Tooradin...

Launched Tooradin once... never again!
I'm probably getting confused between the 2 here, but I thought Tooradin was the ramp that was accessible throughout all staged of the tide and had floating pontoons, whereas Warneet was a high tide only ramp with timber jetty? Obviously vis versa... ?

jasew3

Post by jasew3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:21 pm

thanks all for ur input , the reason I was thinking of using blind bight ramp is because it should be quieter for myself to launch without getting in anyones way, plus me getting nervous with a crowd( don't really want to end up on youtube with the longest time to launch a boat..lol)
cheers Jase

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 am

jasew3 wrote:thanks all for ur input , the reason I was thinking of using blind bight ramp is because it should be quieter for myself to launch without getting in anyones way, plus me getting nervous with a crowd( don't really want to end up on youtube with the longest time to launch a boat..lol)
cheers Jase
Just launch at a quieter time e.g extremely early or around lunch time, after the peak.

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

Both Tooradin and Warneet have floating platforms and good ramps. Tooradin you can launch at a lower tide but the channel is very long and can be shallow.

If you want quiet pick the middle of the day and you will be fine. Dawn and dusk are often busy but the middle of he day much less so. Both places have 2 ramps so at a quiet time you will be fine to practice.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 pm

If fishing up the top end make sure you are also in the right channel as the tide is dropping as you might not be able to cross the banks, which would mean the long trip out to the entrances. First time I went out of BB I came back in to Tooradin and thought I didn't remember BB having a triple ramp.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”