Re: fri/sat night westernport

Post by Mattblack » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Looks like a successful night....great report

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Nice catch.

One thing though I wonder is do you think you could do a better job at predicting the weather than people trained to read satellite images and err on the side of caution to protect the public?

I too go out occasionally when the weather forecast isn’t spot on but I don’t write off the forecasters because unless you know what they have to look at and determine you have no bloody idea.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:07 pm

rb85 wrote:Nice catch.

One thing though I wonder is do you think you could do a better job at predicting the weather than people trained to read satellite images and err on the side of caution to protect the public?

I too go out occasionally when the weather forecast isn’t spot on but I don’t write off the forecasters because unless you know what they have to look at and determine you have no bloody idea.
You understand that 15 knots isnt rough with an incoming tide and south wind im sure... i know where i fish and I trust my judgement. Showers "possible rain"and "possible storms" is not a reason to cancel a trip.
The fact is experience counts. I dont go out in stupid conditions. Il back myself in but thanks for your concern. Il yell out if i need a second opinion next time

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Crumpet Im not saying that at all I trust my experience and have been out in worse what I was saying is that writing off weather forecasters for being conservative is a bit rough. If you re read what I said you may understand I wasn't **** canning your decision to fish.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”