average session

Gummysmasher

average session

Post by Gummysmasher » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 pm

was umming and arring weather I should go out on Saturday because the tides barely permitted me at the time I wanted to head out, so it was either go Mornington and chase some squid or go Warneet and hunt some whiting, went with whiting, launched at Warneet, by the time we brought bait and got fuel it was around 4. got out there and went to a mates spot, gave it 15 minutes and all I got was pure toady action. went to the next spot where I literally got a 80 cm snapper and 8 45cm whiting the night before , solid effort ! went back there and burleyed hard. Through out three snapper rods and 3 whiting rods, within 5 mins we had our first 38cm whiting, then followed plenty of undersized flattys, then another ting, then the snapper rod buckled and line was wizzing off, then boom its off. absolutely shattered to say the least ! starting to think it was some sort of shark. anyway got 2 more whiting and 6 flattys, 4 yakkas and one trevally that was put straight on the hook for maybe a gummy, I cant remember the exact spot ;) but its around Lyles, can catch just about anything there. so decided to call it a day, went back in and met some blokes while waiting for the trailer and he showed me what he had caught for the day and there was for sure 9 quality snapper. I asked him where he got them from and he gave me the old " ummmm joes" haha righto pal. I had the bar crusher on the trailer within seconds, but was a good laugh to watch 2 old blokes going absolutely off there nut at each other because they couldn't get it on, then felt bad for the guy because when he finally got his boat out he had bent his fibreglass hull, it was gone, wouldn't think you're able to fix that. so not a bad session but would have been topped with a big red !

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: average session

Post by smile0784 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Good day

Catching George

Post by Catching George » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:41 pm

if you want some whiting launch at Cowes pier around January time at about 6.00pm fish till 8:30pm and you will have 14 whiting in the bucket

Catching George

Post by Catching George » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 pm

launch at Cowes boat ramp around January time around 6.00pm fish until 8:30 and you will have 14 whiting in your bucket

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

nice report. Not a bad day :thumbsup:

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”