Courtesy.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Courtesy.

Post by rb85 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Brett wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:It happens.. i know its wrong, but what can you do?

i used to get angry.. now i just get a bit annoyed and forget about it. You can't fight all the idiots.

And usually those guys doing that stuff never end up catching fish anyway.

Anth

It's good to be able to vent, but I think this is the best thing we can do.
Agree 100% Sinsemilla, Not interested in fighting or retribution. It's funny some weekends you can have a lot more boats out and manage to find a spot where no one bothers you then this weekend there was a lot of empty water yet boats are either racing past or anchoring on top of me?

At least posting my thoughts here it may make those unaware realise that a few things mentioned aren't the best practice especially when fishing in shallow.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:It happens.. i know its wrong, but what can you do?

i used to get angry.. now i just get a bit annoyed and forget about it. You can't fight all the idiots.

And usually those guys doing that stuff never end up catching fish anyway.

Anth
There are lots of things that can cause an argument, at boat ramps and when fishing. Some people are kind and polite, whilst others would sell their own mother to get what they want.

So it is really best to chill out, why let an idiot spoil your day.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:32 pm

People almost running into other boats whilst sounding, boats with no lights on at night, people racing past when others are fishing shallow. Just another weekend on the port.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
rb85 wrote:People almost running into other boats whilst sounding, boats with no lights on at night, people racing past when others are fishing shallow. Just another weekend on the port.
Exaxtly. Either whinge or so somefem about it.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Can't read the hidden content thing what would you suggest gets done

jasew3

Post by jasew3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Wondering if we could bring a distance rule into play on piers etc aswell..to stop nuffers tangling each other lines up... :thumbsup: :a_goodjob: :water:

Jase. :rofl: :banana:

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Its a fact of life and some places worse than others. One of the places where I fish in Zambia a lot of Chinese go fishing. I have nothing whatsoever against Chinese but giving someone fishing space just does not happen. If you catch a couple of Tilapia or Catfish next thing you are surrounded and some will literally cast over the top of you to land their bait exactly where you are fishing - and then they politely smile at you! Am a calm happy person but this drives me crazy!

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 pm

jasew3 wrote:Wondering if we could bring a distance rule into play on piers etc aswell..to stop nuffers tangling each other lines up... :thumbsup: :a_goodjob: :water:

Jase. :rofl: :banana:

Great idea Jase

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Paulanderson wrote:Its a fact of life and some places worse than others. One of the places where I fish in Zambia a lot of Chinese go fishing. I have nothing whatsoever against Chinese but giving someone fishing space just does not happen. If you catch a couple of Tilapia or Catfish next thing you are surrounded and some will literally cast over the top of you to land their bait exactly where you are fishing - and then they politely smile at you! Am a calm happy person but this drives me crazy!
Don't blame you mate. What I was talking about this weekend is safety concerns and risk of damage to boats. Drove past multiple boats this evening that could only be seen because other boats had substantial amounts of lighting. Anchoring too close is one thing insufficient lighting etc another.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
rb85 wrote:People almost running into other boats whilst sounding, boats with no lights on at night, people racing past when others are fishing shallow. Just another weekend on the port.
Exaxtly. Either whinge or so somefem about it.
This is the same as talking in another language hide behind yourmember only wall don't bring it out into the open forum

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”