Jam Jerrup Fishing scouting walk.

jasew3

Jam Jerrup Fishing scouting walk.

Post by jasew3 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Evening All

Took the dog for a walk tonite approx. 4.30 and headed over to Jam jerrup. The tide was out a fair distance so I continued on walking down the track to the beach entrance I then walked left for abt 1.5 km and preety sure I could see Corinella straight ahead and French Island to my right?? just checking that when u get to the furthest point that is where the channel is and the best spot to fish?? The walk wasn't to bad and I didn't come across any boggy or quicksand parts on the beach..It was a shame no one was fishing there in the arvo as it would of given myself a better insight as to where to fish and cast out..also as I finally got back to the ramp to get in the car was wondering if u can catch/fish on the right hand side of the carpark heading back towards Lang Lang??
cheers Jase.. :cheers: :water:

Stewy

Re: Jam Jerrup Fishing scouting walk.

Post by Stewy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:38 pm

G'day, sounds about the right place to fish although you missed the lowest point of the tide by 3.5 hrs so no boggy spots( already covered with water.
I personally like to get there 4hrs early, setup and relax for a bit.
People do catch closest part of beach to car park . I guess going toward the right should be the same although I would hate to get caught out with the tide.
Cheers stewy

jasew3

Post by jasew3 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi Stewy
Thanks for the reply , Yeah I knew the tide was coming in but decided to go for a walk anyway, so obviously the tide would be much further out on a low tide which would mean a better chance to cast into the channel. Wondering how deep it actually is there would determine the sinker size etc?? next time I go I will be taking a rod down with me but will get there much early than i expect to set up and kick back..(still not sure if i want to lug a chair with me hehe..)
cheers Jase

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 pm

with stockyard you have to be careful. as the tide runs out ( not so much) and coming in (the most dangerous) becomes a huge sand trap. walk along the edges and watch your step carefully. always be checking to make sure you can get out safely. don't risk staying when you should be moving.
this is the point and the channels
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (46.17 KiB) Viewed 3850 times

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:32 pm

If you want to fish by the car park, it needs to be over high tide, same as lang Lang.

Not sure you can see Corinella from Stockyard point, Its probably Tenby Point

deanvr

Post by deanvr » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:04 pm

So I've always gone to lang lang never really tried jam jerrup but I was hoping to go tommorow but can only go at low tide so was considering this but I don't want to get myself or my 3yo daughter caught in the sand. Any tips to avoid getting bogged in sand or mud or anything like that.
Thanks in advance

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 am

stay away from there if you have kids mate, quicksand is not that noticable with the naked eye. once your in it then your in trouble, specially if theres no one else around to help you.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”