Re: Cowes Pier Spanish Mackerel

Post by barra mick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Spanish mackeral need warm water

No chance on the cowes pier

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 pm

wow. don't mean to seem harsh, that pic of the slimey was average at best...
ive got them well into the mid 40s. never took pics because they are basically bait..
they are way better bait than eating.
but ppl tell me trevally and couta are better bait than eating. id eat a trevally before anything else in the sea...

all the best, each to their own

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:wow. don't mean to seem harsh, that pic of the slimey was average at best...
ive got them well into the mid 40s. never took pics because they are basically bait..
but ppl tell me trevally and couta are better bait than eating. id eat a trevally before anything else in the sea...

It's funny isn't it I reckon trevally are shocking for eating but fantastic bait couta (no worms) is very tasty and a great bait I have caught slimies both here and in Europe and both taste great.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Nude up wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:wow. don't mean to seem harsh, that pic of the slimey was average at best...

It's funny isn't it I reckon trevally are shocking for eating but fantastic bait couta (no worms) is very tasty and a great bait I have caught slimies both here and in Europe and both taste great.
Alright mate. You have convinced me to try them again. Mind you when i get them they usually go down on snelled hooks for a gummy.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Nude up wrote:

Yeah, Mackeral are commonly eaten in the uk, great on the bbq when fresh, and very healthy apparently. Slightly different species, but very similar to look at.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”