Finally Big Red on 3mtr deep water - awesome fight

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Finally Big Red on 3mtr deep water - awesome fight

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

viclovesfish wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote::rocking_report: and well done. Did the snapper take the chicken as bait and I'm guessing you would've have had a large hook either
Yes we don't have any other bait but chicken.. my first ever cheapest, lightest fishing session... I normally equiped with 12-14 ft surf rods and other stuff and spend bout 15Aud on bait.... My mate spent 3 dollar on chicken and still many left over..... and we caught many diffrent fish.. I forgot to take photo of the Trev,, it was big too,, im guessing there is a shark cruising..... there was a dark long thing cruising in the water.... and the fish jumping.... will bring my 30lb braid nxttime...
Probably made it even more enjoyable :a_goodjob:
How big was the red did you weigh it?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am

Raulfc7 wrote:
viclovesfish wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote::rocking_report: and well done. Did the snapper take the chicken as bait and I'm guessing you would've have had a large hook either
Yes we don't have any other bait but chicken.. my first ever cheapest, lightest fishing session... I normally equiped with 12-14 ft surf rods and other stuff and spend bout 15Aud on bait.... My mate spent 3 dollar on chicken and still many left over..... and we caught many diffrent fish.. I forgot to take photo of the Trev,, it was big too,, im guessing there is a shark cruising..... there was a dark long thing cruising in the water.... and the fish jumping.... will bring my 30lb braid nxttime...
Probably made it even more enjoyable :a_goodjob:
How big was the red did you weigh it?
Thanks.. fish is about 80cm long did'nt weigh..... fish is not deep red color as well,.. but I did an autopsy.. and found 2 long shankhooks inside haha.. ... must be the fallen victims of the fish.. just shows that pipol fishing there was after bait fish or mullets...

rafei1

Post by rafei1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

Well done, the biggest mullet I caught was bigger than the biggest pinky I caught, lets hope I can change that this year, 60cm mullet is quite awesome mine was 45cm mullet about 2 yrs ago
Best so far: 47cm aus salmon, 41cm mullet, 40cm king George whiting , 38cm Bream, 35cm flathead, 33 cm pinky, squid 20cm. 2 sting rays caught caught, 1 took a rod as a souvenir. Need to catch snapper... :fish11:

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

Just to make it more exciting for others and to give chance to fellow keen fisho.... and experst in catching shark or whatever is lurking in that water..here's the clue.... "it is Muddy" i hope this helps... now go on and do your homework... :fish22: :fish22: :fish22:
Attachments
mud.png

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:41 am

Plenty of reds been caught in upper WP recently and all the way up the tooradin channel if you listen to local reports.! It wouldnt surprise me if the same run of fish are making their way up into rutherford inlet on high tide when its dark.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:51 am

shazdoggg wrote:Plenty of reds been caught in upper WP recently and all the way up the tooradin channel if you listen to local reports.! It wouldnt surprise me if the same run of fish are making their way up into rutherford inlet on high tide when its dark.

I've been spending a bit of time there collecting mullet and yabbies and fishing for jews. There is a massive amount of baitfish in the water there atm.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 am

nice report and catch mate... its good to see some big fish in the shallows, keep it up :)

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:54 am

shazdoggg wrote:Plenty of reds been caught in upper WP recently and all the way up the tooradin channel if you listen to local reports.! It wouldnt surprise me if the same run of fish are making their way up into rutherford inlet on high tide when its dark.

you should join a guessing game mate.... hahaha..

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:57 am

Nice Snapper! And WOA that's a huge Mullet! Glad you've hit some luck

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:59 am

viclovesfish wrote:

you should join a guessing game mate.... hahaha..

Actually I posted my report on the wrong spot... sorry,, it s/b WP not melb-mordi ...

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”