Forum rules?????

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
Rod Bender

Forum rules?????

Post by Rod Bender » Tue May 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi All,
Do we have a thread somewhere which states rules of the forum? General stuff like no advertising on first posts or at all, no racist remarks, no insulting other members, inciting riots, online gambling :D etc. It may already exist - I'm not sure.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Forum rules?????

Post by poodoo » Tue May 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I thought that there was some of those things highlighted in the forum terms and conditions? Been months since I signed up so can't remember what was covered in it.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

poodoo wrote:I thought that there was some of those things highlighted in the forum terms and conditions? Been months since I signed up so can't remember what was covered in it.
So you just see it when you register? It seems familiar but I can't remember either :)
thanks
Jim

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Boonanza wrote:What about mods who delete posts for no obvious reason but their own godliness. :shutup: :down:

Cheers Steve
Feel free to pm them/me (if it's me) if you have any issues! Anyway, are there any guidelines set out anywhere?
thanks

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Well you tell me Jim if there are guidelines setout you being mod should know :geek:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue May 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
poodoo wrote:I thought that there was some of those things highlighted in the forum terms and conditions? Been months since I signed up so can't remember what was covered in it.
So you just see it when you register? It seems familiar but I can't remember either :)
thanks
Jim
Yeah was only when you signed up......

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Boonanza wrote:Well you tell me Jim if there are guidelines setout you being mod should know :geek:

Cheers Steve
Well I am guessing they are not visible on the forum. I had a look before and couldn't find any. I could be wrong! I actually haven't been to 'mod school' yet! I messaged Jon a couple of days ago and actually told him I may be coming down to Melbourne and wanted to meet him so he could show me a few things. There is a lot to learn and I'm doing my best!
thanks
Jim

edit: and I was wrong! well the general ones can be found.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 pm

I think if a post gets deleted the person who deleted it should pm the offender and tell him/her why.
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Lets leave this for now. Wherever the rules are I believe they should be visible for all to reference at any time. With hindsight I would have pm'd this subject to Jon instead of putting it in 'suggestions/feedback'.
thanks
Jim

hsv2ko

Post by hsv2ko » Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

I am guessing this is what u guys were looking for

Fishing Victoria Forum - Terms of use

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/ucp.php?mode=terms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By accessing Fishing Victoria Forum (hereinafter "we", "us", "our", "Fishing Victoria Forum", "http://www.fishing-victoria.com"), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use Fishing Victoria Forum. We may change these at any time and we will do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of Fishing Victoria Forum after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter "they", "them", "their", "phpBB software", "www.phpbb.com", "phpBB Group", "phpBB Teams") which is a bulletin board solution released under the "General Public License" (hereinafter "GPL") and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, defaming, illegal, sexually-orientated, offensive (including but not limited to racial, religious or cultural in nature), or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where Fishing Victoria Forum is hosted or International Law.
- Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
- You agree that Fishing Victoria Forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.
- As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither Fishing Victoria Forum nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- Any thread, article or message posted on the Forums represent the views of the author only, and in no way represents the views and opinions of the Fishing Victoria Administrator, Editors and moderators. Fishing Victoria reserves the right to delete or edit any message posted on the Forums.
- Respect all moderators and administrators, their decisions are final.

- Advertising:
- Although you are free to discuss products or services & make recommendations to others on our Forums, no advertising of products and services or any form of commercial or promotional solicitation is allowed unless you are a site supporter of Fishing Victoria. We ask that you respect this rule. Our advertisers assist in paying for the operation of this site & help keep it free for you to use. Please email Admin to find out more about advertising on Fishing Victoria.
- No commercial logos allowed in avatars or signatures unless you are a site supporter and have approval from admin.

-Forum Etiquette:
-Disputes: Different opinions & beliefs can lead to a lively debate but, due to the nature of Forums, this can quickly deteriorate into a slanging match. Such behaviour does nothing for the image of Australian anglers and will not be tolerated on our Forums.
- Do not resort to name calling or personal insults under any circumstances. 1st offense results in offending posts being removed and a 2nd offense will result in the user being banned.
- Please respect others rights & be tolerant of other peoples views, no matter how much they differ from your own.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”