Post Ratings

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Post Ratings

Post by hornet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 pm

But We already have :thumbsup: and :down: isn't this the same ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 pm

But having ratings os just more work for admin

skifalls
Has liked: 1 time

Post by skifalls » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Being a newbie but on other sites the only button I think ‘could’ be of value is a report button, but from the looks of this site the admin/s are on top of the forums and issues seems to get sorted so again questionable if the value.

My 50 cents in any case

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:00 am

Boonanza wrote:
smile0784 wrote:What is the point of rating post?
I agree this not facebook if you have something to say then say if not then don't. Too much of this nancy sh*t going around keep it about the what everyone is on here for FISHING :water:
Yep spot on

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:28 am

I find the endless white noise posts to be far worse than the occasional shitpost
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 am

Basically means you get rated on the quality of your posts, not the quantity. As Ducky mentioned, all content is good (but it would be nice to know how the majority of people rate certain comments...eg. if someone recommended using a car battery in the boat and it received 100 'down votes', I could safely presume this is not a great idea)
Didn't realise that people would stop posting comments & instead use a voting button (or would people that never comment utilise the more discreet voting option?)...the potential for spam/hacking doesn't sound great either.
*Also have a new favourite word for the day..."circle jerkery"

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:58 am

skifalls wrote:Being a newbie but on other sites the only button I think ‘could’ be of value is a report button, but from the looks of this site the admin/s are on top of the forums and issues seems to get sorted so again questionable if the value.

My 50 cents in any case
Admin and mods do a great job here.
We already do have a report button but not sure if it gets used alot.
I seen the modarators chime in on a few threads to issue warnings and telling people to behave when things get out of hand and it seems to work.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am

Mattblack wrote:
Basically means you get rated on the quality of your posts, not the quantity. As Ducky mentioned, all content is good (but it would be nice to know how the majority of people rate certain comments...eg. if someone recommended using a car battery in the boat and it received 100 'down votes', I could safely presume this is not a great idea)
Didn't realise that people would stop posting comments & instead use a voting button (or would people that never comment utilise the more discreet voting option?)...the potential for spam/hacking doesn't sound great either.
True but people who know something about the issue would be nice enough to comment and say it directly.

Like when i posted about using a house heater in a boat.
Few post come up with amps usage and factaul information which was more important then a vote just to say no lol.

Maybe voting would work for some post like the person who put up a history of tuna fishing in off portland to show appreciation for content or someone who spends time explaining how to fish with soft plastics for beginner's etc.
Like purple5ive or sloths educational posts
(Not saying others dont do it too bit thats all i can think of atm)

But dont think it should apply to everyone or every post.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 am

smile0784 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
True but people who know something about the issue would be nice enough to comment and say it directly.

Like when i posted about using a house heater in a boat.
Few post come up with amps usage and factaul information which was more important then a vote just to say no lol.

Maybe voting would work for some post like the person who put up a history of tuna fishing in off portland to show appreciation for content or someone who spends time explaining how to fish with soft plastics for beginner's etc.
Like purple5ive or sloths educational posts
(Not saying others dont do it too bit thats all i can think of atm)

But dont think it should apply to everyone or every post.
Maybe I should do a poll to vote for the best contributor for 2017! (NCR1 did a great Tuna advice post, Born2fish did a ripper on tips for snapper as well...Barra Mick, Nudeup and Fitzy90 gave us gold in the past, but I've noticed they have dropped off a bit. Bowl is pretty consistent, Greatest Goat is a great story teller....RB, Crumpet, Fishcador are great sh!t stirrers....this could be a big list).

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 am

My issue is when people post utter crap not related to the thread at all and they post this over multiple threads having a conversation with someone else. Would prefer people keep it in single threads so I can ignore it. Sometimes you read a thread and come across 2 pages of white noise that would have been better off in pm’s. It’s ridiculous.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”