Problems loading pages in chrome and firefox

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Problems loading pages in chrome and firefox

Post by 4liters » Sat May 14, 2016 9:05 pm

For sometime now I've been having issues with the forum not loading pages properly. Sometimes it'll open a page with no dramas, other times it'll load half and stop, and sometimes it won't load at all. Refreshing the page works, although sometimes it'll take several refreshes for the page to load properly. VYak has started doing the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it uses the same software or whatever, but other forums I'm on and other websites I visit don't have this issue. Chrome seems to be affected more than Firefox, but when I read the FV and Yvak from my phone using Chrome there are no issues, so maybe it is an issue with my computer. It's more annoying than anything else, but it would be good to sort it out.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Google hasn't been much help, or I wouldn't have posted this.
Cheers!
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Problems loading pages in chrome and firefox

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat May 14, 2016 9:18 pm

I use chrome and firefox and do not have a problem

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 14, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm pretty much the same and have no issues...

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Sat May 14, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm using Chrome right now.... No issues here...

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 pm

x2

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sat May 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Yeah, Im on Chrome with no issues too. Im sure you have tried un-installing and re-installing? If you have, it might be worth just doing a full reformat. I usually reformat once things start breaking down like that.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Sat May 14, 2016 11:07 pm

4liters wrote:For sometime now I've been having issues with the forum not loading pages properly. Sometimes it'll open a page with no dramas, other times it'll load half and stop, and sometimes it won't load at all. Refreshing the page works, although sometimes it'll take several refreshes for the page to load properly. VYak has started doing the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it uses the same software or whatever, but other forums I'm on and other websites I visit don't have this issue. Chrome seems to be affected more than Firefox, but when I read the FV and Yvak from my phone using Chrome there are no issues, so maybe it is an issue with my computer. It's more annoying than anything else, but it would be good to sort it out.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Google hasn't been much help, or I wouldn't have posted this.
Cheers!
Sounds like you need to clear the chrome and firefox caches on your computer.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sat May 14, 2016 11:27 pm

4liters wrote:For sometime now I've been having issues with the forum not loading pages properly. Sometimes it'll open a page with no dramas, other times it'll load half and stop, and sometimes it won't load at all. Refreshing the page works, although sometimes it'll take several refreshes for the page to load properly. VYak has started doing the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it uses the same software or whatever, but other forums I'm on and other websites I visit don't have this issue. Chrome seems to be affected more than Firefox, but when I read the FV and Yvak from my phone using Chrome there are no issues, so maybe it is an issue with my computer. It's more annoying than anything else, but it would be good to sort it out.

Cheers!

Try =>

Open Chrome.
On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files."
Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
Click Clear browsing data.

Usually works.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

4liters

Post by 4liters » Sun May 15, 2016 6:54 pm

hornet wrote:

Try =>

Open Chrome.
On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files."
Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
Click Clear browsing data.

Usually works.
I've tried that a few times because one of the few things I've found via google is that it might be a bad cookie or something, but it hasn't worked whenever I have tried it.

I'll try an reinstall chrome and see if that fixes it.
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 am

Reinstalled chrome and it is still happening. Must be an issue with the computer itself or something.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”