VIP Status

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Re: VIP Status

Post by sandef » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:59 pm

your up late blue must be the depression of carlton getting flogged

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Wouldn't,t have thought Roo supporters would have too much to say this week Frank.
B.
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:39 am

I leave the VIP logo there to hopefully encourage others to pay the donation and support the site.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Mishachief

Post by Mishachief » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:52 am

as i have said before when this sort of topic was raised... the vip to me is just giving a bit back to keep the site maintained.... wether there is a specific vip section or not.. doesnt bother me.. i do appreciate the vip may be a return of recognition to those who donate.. and i do like seeing who supports the site with a donation.

so if the vip is retired.. i still think it would be good to have a maybe smaller logo or such, to indicate you support the site financialy, which in turn might encourage others to do the same.

and maybe a quarterly competition or such, where a give away is given for those who are donators?? instead of the vip?

i dont know, i am just happy to pay a little to support.
♥♥♥ Life's a Beach, So Go Fishing! ♥♥♥

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 am

Mishachief wrote:as i have said before when this sort of topic was raised... the vip to me is just giving a bit back to keep the site maintained.... wether there is a specific vip section or not.. doesnt bother me.. i do appreciate the vip may be a return of recognition to those who donate.. and i do like seeing who supports the site with a donation.

so if the vip is retired.. i still think it would be good to have a maybe smaller logo or such, to indicate you support the site financialy, which in turn might encourage others to do the same.

and maybe a quarterly competition or such, where a give away is given for those who are donators?? instead of the vip?
I agree with Mishachief, I'm not fussed if there's no "sacred VIP" area, but I think having a small symbol like the VIP to encourage people to donate. And yeah if permitted a giveaway here or there to those supporting or whatever. It's too easy for all of us to just take great things for granted. You can't even read the newspaper online now days without paying. Anything worth having & adds to your life is worth supporting financially.

i dont know, i am just happy to pay a little to support.[/quote]
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

kubepau

Post by kubepau » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 am

For what it's worth, I had no idea there was such a thing as a VIP section until reading this.
I usually like to support the websites I use regularly, but it helps to nake the option a bit more noticable

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:52 am

I could be opening a can of worms here. BUT.
Prior to my joining. I thought the whole VIP club was just for certain people on the forum who were always fishing with each other and they kept their fishing spots and meetups to the VIP section only. (Which is quite reasonable)
I knew who they were from the VIP badge...
And for other members to access the so called hotspots and get more info all you had to do was pay the fee...
This can be easily seen by the no.of members with vip status but only a handfull or no posts at all.
I obviously was curious and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.. needless to say I have visited the VIP forum probably twice or thrice since I became a VIP.
And befire the feathers start to fly. Let me make it clear that I took up the status also to contribute to the forum. Infact I should have VVIP status cause I have paid twice hahahahahah......
Cheers

wokka1

Post by wokka1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 am

There is another upside to VIP...you get to give the Cats a flogging (and I'm not talking about the football).

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:31 pm

The VIP section of the forum is like a teacher's lounge at school - those who aren't allowed inside have to use their imaginations and wonder what type of shenanigans go on behind closed doors, but to those on the inside it is much less exciting than imagined.

Also happy just to support the site financially, with or without the VIP forum section.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks Aaron, you got it on both counts.
Unfortunately the point of my original thread got lost and developed into a discussion on the pro,s and cons on payment of the VIP fee, this was never the issue.
We move on.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”