VIP Status

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: VIP Status

Post by 4liters » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am

bowl wrote:What the does o_0? , why you keep doing that.
Its the way of doing this with text:
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:48 am

Yeah think cause we have got so many tip top emotions on here, be better to use fv ones.
I did google it as well o_0 ;-)
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

adamk

Post by adamk » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 pm

bowl wrote:What the does o_0? , why you keep doing that.
its just habit, everyone has there thing me its o_0 or ?> or i will add ' to the start of a sentence if I've been coding in visual basic 6

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Yeah pretty much a way to support the forum, any bonus info is a plus but not a massive deal, could a 3 monthly comp be set up so like a biggest fish, or a most exciting story or photo, or something else along those lines $5 entry and then just a token prize at the end just to increase revenue?
And in regards to above ¬_¬ try this one or this ^o^ hahaha
But nah that's a generally accepted smiley I thought?
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:49 pm

4liters wrote:
Regarding the VIP issue, its benefit really depends on what people are willing to put in that section and not in the main part of the forum. The Cats' comps are fun for a bit of banter, but if you guys were to introduce a bonus like 20% off SPF stuff for VIPs and only 10% discount for regular members or something it would probably make it more popular. There might be things the site owner and mods could do to make the VIP section a bit more 'special' even if it is just leading by example and posting in there more.
I really need to comment here,
I need to let you know that the 20% off is already available to everyone, not just VIP members.

The majority of both VIP and regular members don't even use the discount. They simply don't shop with us enough to make the 20% discount viable.

So limiting the number of members who have access to 20% off isn't going to make it more popular, it's going to make it less available and less viable for me as the sponsor. ie: the opposite effect.

Sorry i had to mention it given the thread i have just created regarding my current thoughts of terminating financial sponsorship all together and therefore the discount.

Thanks
Amanda

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:06 pm

SFP Chick wrote:
4liters wrote:
Regarding the VIP issue, its benefit really depends on what people are willing to put in that section and not in the main part of the forum. The Cats' comps are fun for a bit of banter, but if you guys were to introduce a bonus like 20% off SPF stuff for VIPs and only 10% discount for regular members or something it would probably make it more popular. There might be things the site owner and mods could do to make the VIP section a bit more 'special' even if it is just leading by example and posting in there more.
I need to let you know that the 20% off is already available to everyone, not just VIP members.

The majority of both VIP and regular members don't even use the discount. They simply don't shop with us enough to make the 20% discount viable.

So limiting the number of members who have access to 20% off isn't going to make it more popular, it's going to make it less available and less viable for me as the sponsor. ie: the opposite effect.

Sorry i had to mention it given the thread i have just created regarding my current thoughts of terminating financial sponsorship all together and therefore the discount.

Thanks
Amanda
No worries, I thought my suggestion implied that the sponsorship arrangement would change with any changes to the discount in order to keep it fair for both you and the forum but I'm happy to clarify.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:18 pm

4liters wrote:
SFP Chick wrote:
4liters wrote:

Thanks
Amanda
No worries, I thought my suggestion implied that the sponsorship arrangement would change with any changes to the discount in order to keep it fair for both you and the forum but I'm happy to clarify.
Nah, the amount we pay to sponsor the forum is over and above the discount we give to members. They are seperate. So we do pay twice. We pay sponsorship and we give discounts to members. We didn't have to give discounts to members, but wanted to from the outset. I did notice that no other sponsors matched us on that though LOL.

Cheers

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”